Cancer Registry Abstractor at nThrive
Cancer Registry Abstractor
Job ID: 2019-27329
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours Per Week: 40
Onsite Work Schedule Details: remote only
Our Cancer Registrars are data heroes. They have a critical role in capturing the data that impacts cancer research, treatment, and prevention and screening programs. In the fight against cancer, we arm our data heroes with the support of over 200 CTR colleagues across the nation, ongoing educational opportunities with CEUs, paid NCRA dues, and company supplied equipment. Also, with up to five days of paid time off per year to support charitable organizations, our colleagues can make an impact on their communities in many ways.
- Maintain all Service Level Agreements outlined in the current scope of the project assignment.
- Consistently meet and achieve abstracting accuracy rate of 95%.
- Consistently meet established productivity benchmarks for case accession year.
- Work with Clinical Registry Technician in the modified abstracting workflow, when applicable.
- Complete weekly productivity in THRIVE on or before the deadline.
- Participate in new hire and annual Quality reviews, onsite or remote.
- Participate in monthly conference calls and meetings, which may include presenting education topics and trends in Oncology.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with project colleagues, member of medical staff and facility’s leadership as specified for each project assigned.
- Interface with various departments to ensure that cancer-related information is available for the Cancer Registry.
- Submit data as required to the State Central Registry and National Cancer Data Base, if requested by the manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Maintain certification and NCRA membership, as well as appropriate state association memberships
- Remote Registry Abstractors must have high-speed internet access and experience with remote access, set-up, and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Supports nThrive’s Compliance Program by adhering to policies and procedures pertaining to HIPAA, FDCPA, FCRA, and other laws applicable to nThrive’s business practices. This includes: becoming familiar with nThrive’s Code of Ethics, attending training as required, notifying management or nThrive’s Helpline when there is a compliance concern or incident, HIPAA-compliant handling of patient information, and demonstrable awareness of confidentiality obligations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) and active membership in the national and/or local cancer registrar association.
- 2+ years of varied experience in Cancer Registry.
- Extensive experience with FORDS/STORE and AJCC Staging is required. Working knowledge of 2018 data collection requirements from all standard setters.
- Proficient with various cancer registry software systems – i.e. Metriq, ERS, Oncolog, cNext, Rocky Mountain.
- Proficient with various electronic medical record systems – i.e. Siemens, Meditech, McKesson HPF,
- Recent abstracting experience of cases prior to 2018 with an average of 1.35 case per hour productivity and 95% accuracy rate.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of settings including with colleagues, medical staff and other departments within the facility.
- Knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use various e-mail and Internet applications.
- Course in Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology required.
- Must display excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills with all levels of internal and external customers.
- College degree or degree in allied health field preferred.
- Knowledge of specific State-reporting requirements.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!