Campaign Operations Specialist at Upland
Title: Campaign Operations Specialist
- Location: United States
At Upland Software, you’ll find smart, creative teams who love working together to deliver value for our customers, and a global culture of growth and possibility. Our operating model has always supported remote work—and as we keep growing and evolving our workplace, that won’t change. We’re passionate. We’re proactive. We take pride in our work, and we love a good challenge. Sound like you?
The Campaign Operations Specialist is an essential role in our fast paced Marketing Operations team. Our specialists are responsible for the overall email, campaign creation and execution in our marketing automation platform (Marketo). The successful candidate for this role will work closely with the demand generation teams within the Marketing organization to drive efficient and accurate campaign execution. Deep understanding of email campaign best practices is necessary. The Campaign Operations Specialist will partner with our marketing teams to monitor email timing, metrics and continuously provide recommendations to drive highly targeted emails to the appropriate audiences.
- Manage end-to-end email campaign production and execution, including planning, list segmentation, set-up, testing, execution, reporting and optimization in Marketo & Salesforce.com.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to create and deliver highly targeted marketing campaigns, emails, retention/reactivation programs, and customer success communications
- Work under the supervision of the Campaign Operations Manager on the email production process and creation of every email, ensuring flawless execution
- Ensure email messages are properly constructed to adhere to industry best practices, deliverability, mobile rendering, open rates, etc.
- Conduct quality assurance on all versions of an email campaign
- Report on results and provide insights and recommendations to the marketing organization.
- Devise new email strategies to improve overall channel performance, including creative optimization, AB Split testing, developing automated and triggered campaigns
- Interact with Upland Marketing Team on a regular basis and act as a representative of the Marketing Campaign Operations team
- Create scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign setup, conversion, nurturing, and database management
- Troubleshooting of campaigns, email deliverability, lead flow and lead scoring.
Skills & Requirements:
- We are looking for a doer, someone who can handle multiple tasks at a time and can manage their time efficiently.
- Proven project management and prioritization skills
- Experience with work management software is a plus
- Experience with campaign setup, audience segmentation using “and/or” statement clauses, email deployment, HTML editing, delivery monitoring and reporting.
- Demonstrated proficiency with a marketing automation tool (preferably Marketo) a CRM (preferably Salesforce), and a CMS (preferably WordPress)
- Knowledge of landing page and email marketing best practices is required; advanced experience with Marketo email and landing page template design and HTML a plus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data to back up assumptions and assess the success of marketing programs
- Strong problem solving and issue-resolution skills
- Passionate about processes, automation and information systems
- Working understanding of direct marketing best practices, including email best practices and industry standards, CAN-SPAM laws, content creation, list management and targeting, knowledge of dynamic content and campaign automation.
- Marketo Certified Expert is a plus
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!