Business Operations (BizOps)
- SAN FRANCISCO OR REMOTE
- OPERATIONS – OPERATIONS
Who We Are
Loom is a new kind of work communication tool that helps people get their messages across through instantly shareable videos. With Loom, you can capture your screen, record your front-facing camera, and narrate your video all at once — no switching apps or upload required. Whether it’s training new teammates or replying to a customer inquiry, Loom enhances the way people communicate at work by allowing them to send the next best thing to being there. Loom is a horizontal tool and has unique challenges within the work communication landscape:
Loom is for colleagues and customers. Loom is a tool that anyone at work can benefit from, so we make product decisions with all types of people in mind. We build our product so that it remains clear, intuitive, and inclusive of all of our users’ needs.
Loom is video recording, simplified. Video is known to be more effective than text, yet so many video products make recording an intimidating and confusing experience. We constantly strive to make recording videos an accessible and effortless experience.
Loom provides a human touch. How do we build out an online communication platform that still feels personal? Loom allows people to bring their authentic selves to asynchronous communication. As we grow, we design for people to continue to bring every aspect of their bright, expressive, human selves with our product.
The Business Operations team is focused on solving some of Loom’s most pressing business issues. As an early hire on a small team, you will work collaboratively across Engineering, Product, Go-to-market, and Ops teams on a variety of strategic initiatives with direct and quantifiable impact on our P&L. You will have to identify actionable insights, assess their impact, and lead execution & implementation. The role requires someone who is highly analytical and strategic, approaches problems in a structured manner, and is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Take ownership of tackling some of the most challenging problems facing Loom and our users
- Exercise sound business judgment to prioritize and evaluate new product initiatives and monetization strategies, with an eye toward long term value creation
- Work across teams to engage with project partners to understand, scope and implement operational improvements or perform analysis to inform strategic decision-making
- Relentlessly and swiftly execute on those recommendations until you’ve achieved the desired outcome
- Demonstrates ability to ask the right questions and to use sound business judgment when collaborating with a wide-range of stakeholders
- Practical business sense and the ability to translate from strategic concepts to operational implications
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to structure frameworks and initiate an action plan
- A keen analytical eye, and extensive experience building integrated models from scratch (in Excel or other planning applications)
- Proven proclivity for quickly identifying and methodically resolving potential road-blocks.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, corporate planning, business finance, analytics, or related fields.
*“Nice to have” really means “nice to have”; It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these capabilities and are still a strong match for the team and role
- Experience at a high-growth, scaling company
- Experience with SQL or a willingness to learn
- CS degree or coding skills
The Good Stuff
- Work with a driven, welcoming team at a company that is changing how people communicate every single day.
- Unlimited PTO
- Healthy lunch and snacks brought into the office
- Yearly retreat with the team (last year we went to Mexico!)
- Shiny new Apple computer
- Budget for home office equipment (If remote)
Loom is an equal opportunity employer. We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.