Business Operations and Strategy, Senior Associate at Hotel Engine
Title: Business Operations & Strategy, Senior Associate
Location: Denver, CO / Remote
Hotel Engine is the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, established to create a richer, more rewarding business travel experience by connecting a global network of businesses and lodging partners. Our innovative travel-tech company is on an incredible growth trajectory and will continue to build on our strong foundations by bringing our customer obsession, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision we make.
Following a 2021 series B funding round at a $1.3 billion valuation, we achieved remarkable growth in 2022. We expect 2023 to be our best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes building and supporting our platform are exceptional people from our large engineering and product teams to our fast-growing sales, supplier, and member support orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture, with diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Complacency doesn’t live here. We’ve built a team of world-class people who really want to work with other world-class people. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please, read on!
On the BizOps & Strategy team at Hotel Engine, you’ll play an integral role in helping to scale the business by leading strategic initiatives, driving growth, and optimizing processes across all departments. The ideal candidate possesses strong business acumen, stakeholder management capabilities, and analytical and project management skills. This person also thrives when working on projects independently as well as cross-functionally, depending upon the need. In addition, this team member will help solve some of the company’s toughest strategic problems and support teams across the business. As Hotel Engine scales, we aim for this BizOps hire to drive meaningful business impact and build strong rapport with colleagues across the company.
What you’ll be doing
- Spearhead cross-functional strategic initiatives from opportunity identification through execution stages
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses to support cross-functional projects and strategic needs of the business
- Analyze, develop, and track key company metrics against goals to assess performance of the business while driving growth and operational efficiency
- Identify and assess opportunities for growth and process improvement across the business
- Provide operational support across go-to-market functions (e.g., Sales, Supply, Marketing, etc.)
What you should have
- 3-5 years of work experience; 2+ years at a top-tier Management Consulting, Investment Banking, or Private Equity firm, or experience working in a similar Strategy & Operations role
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including deck creation in PowerPoint
- Proven quantitative, data-driven problem-solving skills and ability to break down large problems into smaller solvable chunks
- Ability to lead projects to completion and collaborate seamlessly with others; knowledge of project management and decision-making frameworks
- Experience building productive and positive relationships across the organization at all levels (entry level to senior executive)
- Master of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience in the hospitality space
- Understanding of technology and experience with various tools (e.g., SQL, Looker, Salesforce, Outreach, etc.)
- Bachelors Degree in a business-related discipline (economics, finance, etc.) is a plus
The total cash compensation range for this role is $105,000 – $115,000/year with an annual bonus target of up to 15%, plus an attractive stock options package. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise, and may vary from the amount above.
This role is eligible for remote work. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.