Business Intelligence Operator
Department: Business Intelligence
Who We Are:
Cardinal Financial is a nationwide direct mortgage lender whose mission is to prove that homeownership is possible for everyone. By bringing an open-minded approach to an often closed-minded industry, we’re able to embrace every unique financial situation differently in order to craft the best possible loans for our borrowers. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service backed by our groundbreaking technology, and these two components of our process come together to complete a simple, personalized mortgage experience. But it all starts with our people.
We believe that no matter where you fit in our organization—Sales, Human Resources, Information Technology, or even re-stocking the break rooms with endless coffee supplies—everyone can influence the experience that we provide to our customers and our partners. We tell our customers and our partners that anything can be reimagined. So why not your career? Looking to join a company that values its people, innovates and expands on its proprietary technology, and is growing at a ridiculous rate?!
Who We Need:
The Business Intelligence Operator will report to the Business Intelligence Architect and have responsibility for ensuring data loads for the firm’s data warehouse environment occur on schedule and completes successfully. This includes but is not limited to ensuring all data is loaded via data quality checks as well as ensuring errors are recorded, communicated, and brought to resolution.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with data in multiple formats, aware of how to work with multiple data sources, and a general understanding of databases and data analytics. The position requires a person to be detail-oriented, have basic ability to analyze data using spreadsheets or other tools, is highly organized and able to meet strict schedules. For example, staging data loads and reviewing data results at a specific time each day and ensure the details of any unexpected time delays or errors are recorded as directed.
What You Will Do:
- Follow procedures to acquire and publish data from or to multiple sources
- Use tools like Microsoft Excel, text editors, etc. to manually prepare data, as directed; for example, cleansing and format data to be successfully loaded to the data warehouse
- Make minor modifications to SQL scripts, execute the scripts, and escalate any errors that cannot be resolved
- Work with other team members and multiple areas of the business to resolve any errors that occur during the data load processes; for example, SQL errors, source data issues, etc.
- Maintain procedure documentation to ensure it matches actions being performed
- Assist with the testing of changes to the data load process
- Assist with the resolution of Business Intelligence support requests
- Assist with general Business Intelligence issues, as directed
What You Need:
- Equivalent experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting and/or Information Systems.
- Experience or college-level coursework related to data analysis and/or database programming.
- Spreadsheet skills (advanced formulas and/or macros).
- Understanding of data analysis techniques and/or database design techniques.
- Knowledge of information systems.
- Experience with MySQL, MS SQL Server, OAC/OBIEE, Tableau and Python is a plus.
- Understanding of financial services like Banking and/or Mortgage is a plus.
- Can complete work in a highly collaborative environment by being proactive in working with your supervisor and other colleagues to resolve questions, issues, or concerns.
- Able to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills and a passion for service improvement.
- Good business writing skills.
- An ability to understand the activities of other roles related to Business Intelligence or Business Analysis is desired.
What We Offer:
- Strength, Stability, and Vision.
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters.
- Opportunity for career growth.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Benefits that become effective the first day of the month following your start date including – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and much more.
- 401K w/ 50% match up to a maximum employee contribution of 5%- Effective the 1st of the month following 30-days of employment.