Business Intelligence Manager
Schoology, one of the fastest growing education technology companies, brings together the best K-12 learning management system with assessment management to improve student performance, foster collaboration, and personalize learning. Millions of students, faculty and administrators from over 60,000 K-12 schools worldwide use Schoology to advance what is possible in education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren’t afraid to show it.
Why We Need You:
As a key leader in the Revenue Operations Insights team, you will be responsible for articulating some of Schoology’s most important business questions using mathematical techniques and data visualization to paint a clear picture back to the business. You’ll work with partners and senior leaders from across the company (Sales, Pendo Marketing, Client Success, Product, and more) to interpret data and provide actionable insights that directly inform the day to day decision-making driving Schoology’s success. Your activities will involve strategic analysis, business model analysis, systems analysis and process analysis.
As a Business Intelligence Manager, you will:
- Gain an understanding of the underlying systems that contribute to the business, and then leverage those sources to provide actionable data insights to stakeholders
- Perform strategic analysis of business model optimizations and opportunities
- Create scalable and well organized business dashboards, driving the conversation around key performance indicators and business strategy
- Develop case studies and assess the validity of new business plans or strategies.
- Define requirements for success or requirements for new businesses or products
We’re looking for someone who:
- Comfortable working with non-technical users to understand business problems and map abstract problems to data that can be used to solve them
- Experienced in building out and scaling a data analytics team
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, and close attention to detail
- Enjoys converting analyses into visual stories tailored to the needs of the audience
- Excited to be working on and communicating within a fast-paced, dynamic team
- Both team-oriented and self-motivated, with a success-driven, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
To succeed in this position, you will have experience with:
- Data extraction, aggregation, manipulation and blending across different data sources, e.g. Salesforce, Pendo, Marketo, Google Analytics, Amazon Web Services (AWS Redshift), etc.
- Using BI tools to build accurate and dynamic/scalable dashboards
- Visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, Datorama, or other similar tools
- Writing SQL queries against databases for data extraction
- Advanced proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets
- Deep-dive data analyses to make decisions on new business opportunities and products
- *Bonus* experience with programming languages and/or statistical software (e.g. Python, R)
- *Bonus* experience working in the SaaS industry