Business Intelligence and Data Analytics Consultant (SRO)
- Round Rock, Texas
- Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Austin, Texas, United States
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Columbia, Maryland, United States
- Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States
- Denver, Colorado, United States
- Draper, Utah, United States
- Durham, North Carolina, United States
- Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States
- McLean, Virginia, United States
- Miami, Florida, United States
- Nashville, Tennessee, United States
- Seattle, Washington, United States
- Washington, DC, District of Columbia, United States
Business Intelligence and Data Analytics Consultant (SRO)
Location: Round Rock, TX; Hopkinton, MA; or Remote – US
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization (SRO) manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients’ success.
We are currently seeking a Business Intelligence and Data Analytics Consultant to join our Security & Resiliency team. The ideal candidate will produce actionable & compelling metrics and reports based on business intelligence, data analysis, algorithms, and automated processes to inform and interact with business leaders to support decision making.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works under limited supervision with internal and external teams to understand, interpret and analyze Information Security, Resiliency, Physical Security, Strategy, Business Operations, and Risk domains to support the SRO Metrics & Reporting function
- Acts as the technical expert on team and leads more junior team members in achieving team objectives
- Applies a broad range of techniques and theories from business intelligence, data analysis & visualization, statistics, predictive analytics and machine learning to deliver actionable business insights based on large-scale data
- Develops visually appealing and intuitive dashboards that provides visibility into key performance, risk and control health indicators across all SRO areas and business units
- Defines, captures, enriches, explores and preps data to support desired metrics monitoring and reports
- Once data maturity is reached, leverages variable/algorithm selection, predictive and behavioral analytics to identify emerging risks and issues beyond operating controls
- Delivers quality results and presentations under short timelines
- Interprets and communicates analytical insights to customers and executives with various analytical backgrounds using different but suitable communication altitudes for different audiences
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years relevant experience; or Master’s degree with 8+ years experience; or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of related experience in Business Intelligence, Data Analysis, Analytics, or similar field
- Strong knowledge of business intelligence tools (we primarily use Tableau), databases and SQL, SIEM solutions (we primarily use Splunk), and various job associated programming languages to support data analysis and predictive analytics
- Experience using technical and statistical analysis skills to deliver clear, concise, and visually appealing management metrics and reports to inform decision making and actions
- Ability to continually learn new concepts and tools to support job needs, and strive for ongoing professional development
- Proven track record to work in a team environment, lead more junior team members, and influence a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to operative effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing and shifting priorities
- Results driven and accountability-minded
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to cater communication and messaging based on audience type and must be comfortable working with all levels of stakeholders
Preferred/Nice to Have:
- Master’s degree
- Prior experience with Information Security, Resiliency and/or Physical Security technology solutions and data sets
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you share our passion for data and you’re keen to play a key role in driving progress, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Business-Support SRO
Job ID: R84470