Business Development Representative at Degreed
Business Development Representative – the US, Pacific/Central Region
- US-BASED REMOTE, PACIFIC OR MOUNTAIN TIME
- SALES – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers–skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects–and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our North American sales team. As a BDR, you are the front-line of prospect outreach at Degreed with a goal to generate qualified opportunities for our Mid-Market and Enterprise Sales teams. You will be responsible for developing and owning the “top-of-funnel” within your territory through cold calling, cold emailing, social channels, and marketing-generated leads. You will be expected to learn the Degreed product offering quickly and effectively communicate the value proposition, respond to objections, and speak to the industry trends. This role is pivotal to Degreed’s aggressive growth targets, so your growth mindset, resilience, adaptability, and commitment to identifying creative solutions for individual prospects will be critical.
This role reports to the Manager, Sales Development, and will directly support three Sales Directors within the North American Central Region.
Day In The Life:
- Perform high-volume activity in prospecting through outbound calling, emailing, and other social mediums to generate qualified leads and set meetings for the Mid-Market and Enterprise sales teams
- Support the Sales Director in initial sale introduction meetings and provide thorough discovery for each prospect by evaluating and pre-qualifying through web research
- Develop and implement strategies to discover new business opportunities and penetrate targeted key accounts or markets. Leverage sales intelligence tools to maximize outreach to the addressable market
- Track all sales activities in CRM and manage lead/contact data for accuracy
- Partner with Marketing to drive attendance and follow-up for webinars and events
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict other tasks as assigned and is subject to change at any time
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing, business development/sales, or marketing role
- Hunter mentality and motivated by meeting and exceeding quota targets and goals
- Experience building strong client relationships and rapport
- Experience presenting to varied audiences
What Will Set You Apart:
- You are willing to talk to new people every day to explain the Degreed value proposition and have the ability to understand and react to client needs, challenges, and objections
- Proficiency in Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, and Outreach
- Experience working in a SaaS sales environment
- Knowledge of Human Capital Management or LMS technology
- An eagerness to learn with an ambition to grow!
Total Rewards at Degreed
We believe your best work happens when you have a complete life balance, and Degreed gives you the support and flexibility to make that happen. Degreed is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides the support you need. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Company equity
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% match
- Company funded HSA and dependent care FSA (pending eligibility)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and 5 sick days per year
- Education benefit: Up to $1,200 per year for anything you want to learn (and we mean anything)!
- One-time Home Office Stipend to make your workspace more comfortable
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend through Twic
Degreed reserves the right to modify these benefits at any time, for any reason in accordance with applicable law. Please note the offerings vary based on location.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company, however our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our US and International colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a lap computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Degreed uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!