Business Development Representative at EDITED
Business Development Representative
- Location: Remote, Remote US
- Sales & Accounts
- Full time
EDITED is the global leader in Retail Market Intelligence. We help retailers increase margins, generate more sales and drive better outcomes through AI-driven market data, analytics and research.
Brands like Zara, Puma, Ann Taylor, Marni and Tommy Hilfiger use the EDITED to make the right assortment, pricing and promotion decisions everyday.
At EDITED, we always dream big, with a commitment to delivering above and beyond for our customers. We’re developers, data scientists, growth hackers and retail experts working together to change how a trillion dollar industry does business.
Come join us and help define the future of retail.
EDITED is a remote-first business and is open to applicants wishing to work remotely or from our offices.
About the role
We’re looking for a curious and resilient Business Development Representative to join our US Sales team. Ideally you will have worked in a sales prospecting role for a SaaS company before. You thrive in a fast-paced scale-up environment and you’re passionate about introducing EDITED to prospective customers.
As a Business Development Representative at EDITED, you will own the beginning of our sales process. You’ll be reaching out to and engaging with prospects from across the retail and apparel industry. Using your relationship building skills and being intellectually curious, you will assess the fit of prospects through research, emails and calls. Next, you will nurture the lead to pass onto our Sales Executives, working seamlessly together to ensure the best experience for the prospect. You’ll be a proactive researcher and have engaging writing and speaking skills to ensure all of your conversations are effective and successful.
We build and sell an industry-leading product in a trillion dollar industry; perform well and you’ll be rewarded. However, it’ll take ambition, self-motivation and a work ethic that’s equal parts collaborative and independent – so if those are the words that people use when they describe you, we’d love to chat.
- Build up a qualified early stage pipeline
- Engage with inbound leads, in order to conduct qualifying and discovery calls
- Track activities and notes on all inbound lead activity in our CRM
- Conduct targeted outbound calls to key accounts
- Work collaboratively with Sales Executives to create and execute targeted outbound strategies
- Support progression activities within opportunity based accounts, expand our reach to new departments and build a broader outreach
- Nurture immature leads which come through
- You have at least 1 year of experience in a prospecting role.
Behaviors that are important for doing this job well
- You are resilient and know how to persevere in any situation
- You are intellectually curious and know how to ask the right questions at the right time
- You are a collaborator, you know how to thrive in a team environment
- You are hungry, constantly striving to smash your targets
- You are articulate, clear and concise – people pay attention when you speak
- Considered and confident – you’re not afraid to engage with prospects
- Remote-friendly with WeWork access
- Flexible working hours
- Visiting London? You’re welcome to work out of our office.
- 25 days of paid time off + 8 public holidays + 1 additional day of paid time off for every year you’ve worked at EDITED
- Company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance – We cover employees’ monthly premiums
- 401K with company match
- Fully stocked office drinks fridge
EDITED is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!