Business Development Manager, Games
Location: San Francisco
Unity Technologies is seeking a Business Development Manager, Games to help drive success with our most strategic gaming customers and prospective customers in the Americas. This role will help drive Unity to the next level within the largest, most influential gaming companies globally.
You will work under the Director of Games, Americas and interface with other key internal & external stakeholders to develop and execute strategies to drive adoption of the technical Unity platform and create deep and lasting customer partnerships. You must be a visionary thought leader and possess the technical ability to establish strategic direction, develop & flawlessly execute objectives and inspire others to deliver desired results. We are open to candidates based in San Francisco or remote.
- Identify new strategic partnership opportunities within the games vertical
- Understand Unity’s roadmap and have the ability to communicate with technical leadership within our customer base
- Structure, negotiate and close partnerships in order to meet or exceed objectives
- Establish and nurture relationships with key partners at every level and horizontally within game development and publishing organizations
- Work with various divisions (including R&D, Product Marketing, Marketing, Support, Finance and Legal) to gain support for key initiatives and deals
- Assist in the development of pricing, product and market strategies
- Proven understanding of Unity’s platform and capacity to build your own games
- Deep knowledge of the video game ecosystem and executive contacts at the key players
- Proven ability to structure, execute and develop complex strategic partnerships that create significant value for Unity, its partners and stakeholders
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding objectives
- Several years of strong direct sales experience working on technology licensing, middleware, or game publishing
- Solid understanding of the video game industry and video game development
- Proven skills in promoting and maintaining customer satisfaction
- Extensive database of senior contacts throughout the gaming industry and the ability to network
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.