Business Development Manager – Federal US Government Sales at SpotterRF
Title: Business Development Manager – Federal US Government Sales (Remote)
- Location: Remote
- Category: Sales
- Job Type: Full-Time
Business Development Manager
Want to be on the cutting edge of new technology? Then SpotterRF might be just the place for you. SpotterRF is the leader in a new cutting-edge radar technology that is used to protect elite military forces around the world as well as critical infrastructure including oil & gas wells, electrical utilities, bridges, dams and more. SpotterRF has been recognized in Defense Electronics Magazine, Popular Science as Best of What’s New, Government Security News, and recent winner of a Utah Innovations Award.
Full benefit package is available.
Job Overview(including requirements)
The Business Development Manager fills a critical role in interfacing between customers (VARS, System Integrator, Distributors, end-customers) and internal staff at SpotterRF.
They are essentially the first physical contact the customer may have with SpotterRF. They are responsible for the delivery of successful solutions to our End Clients.
They must have excellent communications skills (oral and written). As they represent the company in the public view, they must also maintain a positive outward impression.
They must possess a solid depth of understanding of networking basics, Radar fundamentals and planning and have the ability to manage clerically (administrative skill set).
Responsibilities and Duties of the Business Development Manager
- Responsible for delivering solutions to their assigned clients
- Responsible for growing the client base and company revenue
- Travel is required a minimum of 9 days per month on average
- Represent the first public facing voice of the company in interactions with customers
- Focused on delivering solutions to customers that exceed their expectations. This is achieved by not overselling the product, but realistically reviewing customer needs and determining best product to application
- Must understand the lead qualification process and be able to convert qualified leads to revenue opportunities
- Guide procurement and projects to completion and ensure the overall satisfaction of the customer
They apply best practices developed by SpotterRF to achieve consistent closure of projects and add to and improve those best practices
- Sales Processes
- Decision Acceleration
- Online / In person demonstrations
- Ongoing Partner Support Meetings
- Use of internal tools to track performance and opportunities (CRM)
- After Action Reports delivered after travel and client/partner interactions
- Assist Software/Hardware teams to help define/development new features
It is desirable for this position to have a minimum of a 4 year degree in addition to continuing education in roles relevant to SpotterRF.
- Federal and US Government sales experience for minimum of 5-7 years
- Understanding and management experience of Federal GWAC (government wide acquisition contracts)
- Can navigate government reporting bureaucracy
- US Veteran (optional)
- Ability to author, respond-to and validate RFP / RFQs / RFIs / ITBs.
- Understands GSA Schedules 84 / 70
- Previous experience of managing the closure of minimum $ 3 Mil US per year
- Technical Sales experience with a focus on the Technical (optional but desirable)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!