Business Development Associate
We are looking to expand our Business Development capacity to help support our Sales Team. Business Development at Human Made is a role that focuses primarily on driving new business for our newly-released product, Altis. This is a remote role, though we are looking for someone in either the Europe, Middle-East or Asia, specifically in the following cities, or who is regularly able to travel to these cities:
Europe: Oslo, Copenhagen, London, Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Zurich, Amsterdam, Warsaw, Vienna, Manchester, Paris, Dubai, Stockholm
Asia: Singapore, Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong, Taipei
You will be working in the enterprise B2B industry helping us sell Altis, a next-level Digital Experience Platform rooted in open source, WordPress. You will be one of the first hires in helping drive this new product at Human Made; a product we have been working on for the past two years, but has already taken off the ground with clients like Red Bull Media House and Siemens. It’s a really exciting and challenging role!
You will be working closely with Sales, Accounts, Marketing, Design & Product to help increase Altis market share. You will also need to understand the professional services we offer at Human Made, and help our Account Directors in filling regional development allocations by bringing in new prospects & leads. As a new Business Development hire, you are the second Business Development employee so you will have the opportunity to bring a lot of your own suggestions, experiments and experience to help shape our client acquisition pipeline. You will also have a lot of responsibility in helping us implement new process, and validating Business Development inside of Human Made. As a Business Development Associate, you will be joining our Sales team working alongside our Regional Sales Managers, Business Development Manager, and Director of Sales.
Human Made is a remote company. In the role of Business Development Associate, this means that you will need to be adept at communicating in a clear and timely way with colleagues and clients using a broad range of technologies. You’ll be sensitive to the challenges of dealing with teams distributed across different time zones, cultures, and business contexts, many of whom have English as a second or third language. You can work in a self-directed manner, addressing problems as they come up, and identifying issues in your area of work and fixing them. You will need to prioritise your tasks and be confident about speaking up to ask for help when you need it.
In your day to day role you will be involved with:
- Creating new revenue opportunities by educating our prospects about open source, digital experiences and the advantages Altis offers.
- You will be expected to fill a quota in terms of outreach, and new opportunities.
- Using various tools to research countries and territories to determine market size, and create smart lead lists sorted by relevance and audience profile.
- Converting prospects from these lists into qualified leads for the sales team, through a variety of efforts; e-mails, newsletters, white papers, etc.
- Managing the Business Development part of the CRM, and following up on leads.
- Collaborating with Marketing to implement and execute a successful content distribution plan.
- Market research, working alongside Design & Product to refine our Ideal Client Profile.
- Client events; working with Marketing & Design to help organise events for clients and prospects.
- Qualifying prospects’ needs and effectively mapping them to Human Made’s (Altis) offerings.
- Attending client meetings with Sales.
- Looking for new channels that can help drive sales and brand awareness.
- Experimenting and finding new ways to grow our business.
- 1-2 years of Business Development experience in a B2B industry, ideally software (SaaS or PaaS).
- At least 5 years of overall work experience.
- 1-2 years of experience working with Salesforce.
- Background, or acquired understanding of technology professional services and/ or SaaS product sector.
- Marketing/Sales experience in WordPress/SaaS industry is also beneficial.
- Fluent or near-fluent English language knowledge (written & oral)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both internally and with prospects.
- You should be comfortable making decisions based upon partial information, leaning upon good intuition and judgement, and be able to bring the team along with you.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management, and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills, and an ability to measure and optimise your Business Development impact.
- The ability to write clear and engaging reports internally presenting campaign results to the whole company.
- Strong self-motivation and discipline to push outreach campaigns independently.
- To be able to handle rejection from prospects, and persevere with outreach.
- The drive to experiment repeatedly, and learn from experiments.
- Thinking on your feet, and being able to solve problems independently and creatively.
- £30,000 – £35,000 GBP or local equivalent
- Flexible working
- 52 weeks parental leave
- Generous holiday policy
- Sickness and carers leave
- Annual company retreat (Previous retreats have been in Sri Lanka, Italy, Slovakia, Spain, Norway)
- Conference and training budget
- Monthly remote working allowance
- Work wherever you want
- New computer and mobile phone
- Office equipment when you need it
Location: Europe, Middle-East, Asia