Business Development Assistant at Kanopi Studios
Title: Business Development Assistant – Remote (CAD)
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of 45 people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
We design, build, and support websites for clients who want to make a positive impact.
All done with craftsmanship, a bit of whimsy, and the desire for a better web.
As our business continues to grow rapidly, so does our team. Were excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a Sales Assistant.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Anne Stefanyk, CEO/Founder
It was the love of the open source community and the direct need she saw for an agency focused around customer success that drove Anne to build Kanopi.
She envisioned Kanopis workplace to be a place where the clients and employees alike would feel connected and supported. A place where she could feel 100% confident that every detail of every project would be covered. She imagined a place where all who engaged with Kanopi would feel surprised and delighted by the day-to-day operations.
With that vision in mind, Kanopi Studios was born. Kanopi Studios is now a team of 45 people, where 95% of our business comes from word of mouth and referrals. Kanopi is about good work with good people creating a better web for everyone.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Sales Assistant, your day-to-day includes working directly with the CEO and other members of management to ensure that all the administrative and support functions of the sales department are operating effectively, and that active client files are readily available to the sales group. You are able to intuit and organize all sales and marketing activities, as well as develop an effective system for categorizing the sales process, providing the necessary sales support to the sales team, and our CEO in particular.
Your typical work week might include:
- Managing the sales teams calendars and scheduling sales meetings
- Taking notes on calls and assisting with managing follow up tasks
- Managing scripted pre-, during-, and post-conference communications, and other sales communications as needed
- Researching and creating new contacts in CRM and managing the lead status/flow
- Helping coordinate Kanopi events, including invites, communications
- Connecting with target contacts in nonprofit, higher education, business & agencies industries
- Tracking opportunities and updating reporting spreadsheets
- Assisting with the CEOs inbox and personal tasks to facilitate her ability to focus on sales efforts
- Ensuring the accuracy of sales-related data, presentations, or materials
- Assisting in the overall process of making the company awesome by building repeatable patterns for success and happiness.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an extremely high velocity position that will require the ideal candidate to be flexible and open to a high level of hands-on direction from our Sales team. If that’s not for you, please do not proceed!
This position is full-time. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what youd expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW… LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who
- Have proven experience as an administrative assistant in a high-velocity sales environment (5+ years)
- Have impeccable verbal and written communication skills, including problem-solving and handling objections
- Are self-motivated, goal-driven, success-oriented team players
- Demonstrate superior organizational and time management skills
- Are committed to delivering high-quality work on time
- Are able to stay calm, positive, and solutions-oriented in high-pressure situations.
- Are able to juggle multiple, often competing, priorities
- Have expertise using Adobe Suite, Google Suite, and Hubspot
- Are committed to continual learning and personal development
- Have an interest in working with an awesome remote team building cool open source software projects
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
If you think this post was written just for you, heres what to do next:
- Submit your resume.
- Answer the questions you see here on this page.
- Send us a cover letter.
Now About that cover letter This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why youd be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer these two questions:
- Over the past year, what has been your most important achievement, either professional or personal?
- If you were a superhero (heck, maybe you already are!), what would be your superpower and why?
If we feel like you may well be the perfect candidate, well contact you to set up a short phone screen to kick off the interview process. While we will try to contact every person who applies, even if we are not moving forward, we will only have conversations with those folks who are a good fit for the role.
We’ve done our best to describe the company, our customers and the role. But hey, we’re not perfect, so if anything here is unclear, include any questions you might have in your cover letter.
I think that’s it.
If you’re awesome, we want to hear from you!
Kanopi is a distributed agencymeaning that we get the job done from our homes, from a co-working space or coffee shopwherever we do our best work. We are collaborative and dedicated to creating awesome websites for our clients.
Benefits of Working at Kanopi
- Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. Its about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
- Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
- Travel: Love to see the world? So do we. Just find a place with good wifi, get connected and make great work happen!
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!