Business Analyst – Product Owner at Ultimate Software
BUSINESS ANALYST / PRODUCT OWNER
Remote – USA
Ultimate Software is seeking a Business Analyst (BA)/ Product Owner with excellent analytical and technical requirements definition abilities. This BA will be responsible for partnering with product management, development and UX designers to provide technology solutions for new feature development in the talent management space. Qualified candidates must possess experience conducting requirements gathering sessions and creating functional specification documentation. This position demands strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise, while working with current and emerging technologies, and managing team dynamics. Excellent analytical skills, communication skills, team orientation, flexibility, innovative thinking, problem-solving, conflict management, and self-motivation are required for success.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #2 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2020. Ultimate is also ranked #2 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #9 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Create deliverables for all aspects of business analysis and functional design for our initiatives, including but not limited to requirements elicitation; functional specifications; use case analysis; visual modeling; and validation/documentation of business, organizational and/or operational requirements
- Capture and reflect the voice of the customer in business requirements
- Identify the business needs of internal customers and stakeholders to determine solutions to business problems.
- Stock and manage the product backlog with actionable user-centered agile specifications (user stories). Prioritize stories in the product backlog for the development team, according to business value.
- Facilitate requirements elaboration of user stories with team members, including process- and data-modeling activities.
- Communicate effectively with all team members, project sponsors and stakeholders both technical and non-technical. Must be able to explain technical issues to non-technical people
- Build user stories that meet our customer’s needs and ensure effective team collaboration for project success
- Knowledge of all phases of the software development lifecycle, with an emphasis on requirements elicitation, requirements and design modeling, documentation and communication;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience as a Business Analyst/Agile Product Owner or related position, writing requirements, acceptance criteria, and use cases in an enterprise software development team
- Knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, with an emphasis on requirements elicitation, requirements and design modeling, documentation and communication
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Enthusiasm for and ability to create software applications that meet customer needs.
- Ability to analyze and critically evaluate gathered information to resolve conflicts, anticipate issues, and make priority decisions
- Ability to decompose high-level concepts into details and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration or a related discipline highly preferred
- Experience in HRMS industry and/or talent management solutions
- Experience building user centric software for AI / machine learning tools
- Experience using ‘Agile’ methodologies and tools such as Kanban and JIRA
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!