Government CIO is seeking a senior level Financial Analyst to support and enterprise-level program related IT security within the VA. The candidate will be a thought leader in the area of program operational planning and analysis, and will work on both the annual planning and in-year analysis of operation-to-plan as relates the various types and restrictions of funding within the program.
The successful candidate will be a proactive self-starter, able to illustrate from prior experience comfort working in a fast-paced environment that commonly operates with a high degree of reactive change, and who will be highly responsive. The successful candidate will bring a strong background in federal (or other large organizational) financial planning and execution tracking and reporting background, and be skilled in presenting high degrees of complexity in summary form that can be drilled-down to the full detail of available data.
The Senior Financial Analyst will work with both project-level and program level managers to support the program at both levels, often developing detailed Excel workbooks of related or correlated elements from across the program. The successful candidate will also work with both lower-level financial support staff, and with the program acquisitions structure to ensure timely and seamless transition between planning and execution.
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years of prior Federal budgeting and acquisitions experience, preferably with the VA or DoD, though any such experience may be considered.
The Sr. Financial Analyst will:
- Develop the annual Business Operational Plan, with the support of the Acquisition Support Manager and others within the acquisitions structure of the program
- Author Acquisition packages and create budgets for large scale government programs
- Author Statement of Works (SOW) and Performance Work Statements (PWS)
- Assist in developing Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCE’s)
- Assist developing Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP) development.
- Assist in drafting Market Research documentation
- Develop planning and execution-to-actuals analyses and reporting illustrations
- Provide ad hoc analysis and reporting as required by the program leadership for portfolio consumption
- Provide thought leadership on best approaches to illustrate specific aspects of the program’s performance, challenges, and successes
- Respond very rapidly to enquiries from program leadership related to specific project execution or program performance
- Bachelors degree in business, finance, accounting, or related disciplines
- Strong, demonstrable familiarity with federal financial planning, acquisitions, and related protocols/processes
- More than 10 years’ experience in supporting increasingly responsible aspects of financial analysis for projects or programs worth $10M annually or more
- Familiar with various types of contracts, Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Time & Materials (T&M), Cost Reimbursement, etc
- Three years of more of federal budget and financial analysis support experience, preferably with the VA or DoD, but higher levels of experience in other agencies may be considered qualified
- Two or more years’ experience building complex annual financial operating plans for a program of two or more projects (federal or large corporate)
- Two or more years’ experience developing a multi-year financial plan within the constraints of a higher-level organization and the prior years’ similar multi-year plans, for a program of two or more projects (federal or large corporate)
- Expert oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrable experience of at least one year working with a largely remote (not at the same physical location as the candidate) team, working across US time zones and working with team collaboration tools such as Sharepoint, Skype/Lync, email, phone conferencing, etc.
- Ability to pass and retain a moderate background investigation at the federal civil agency level
- Masters degree in business, management, finance accounting or related disciplines
- More than 15 years’ experience supporting increasingly responsible aspects of federal financial planning and reporting for projects or programs in excess of $30M annually
- More than 5 years’ experience in financial analytical support of VA projects or programs
- Five or more years’ experience building complex annual financial operating plans for a program of two or more projects (federal or large corporate)
- Five or more years’ experience developing a multi-year financial plan within the constraints of a higher-level organization and the prior years’ similar multi-year plans, for a program of two or more projects (federal or large corporate)
- Demonstration that the candidate already holds a moderate background investigation federal civil agency clearance or DoD Secret clearance