Brand and Corporate Communications Coordinator, Executive Assistant at Voya Financial
Brand and Corporate Communications Coordinator/Executive Assistant
- United States-Remote
- Hartford, CT
- Atlanta, GA
- Minneapolis, MN
- Chandler, AZ
job requisition id
Together we strive for everyone’s opportunity towards a better financial future.
Together we stand up for and champion everyone’s access to opportunity. We strive for better together. We advocate for everyone and not against anyone. Voya believes in being bold and committed to action. We are committed to a work environment where the differences that we are born with and those we acquire throughout our lives are understood, valued and intentionally pursued. We believe that our employees own our culture and have a responsibility to foster an environment where we all feel comfortable bringing our whole selves to work. Purposefully bringing our differences together to positively influence our culture, serve our clients and enrich our communities is essential to our vision to be America’s Retirement Company.
Are you ready to join a great company with a winning culture? Start your Voyage Apply Now
The Brand and Corporate Communications Coordinator-Executive Assistant supports the SVP-Chief Brand and Communications Officer and the team of Brand and Corporate Communications professionals who develop and manage internal and external communications, brand, advertising, research and consumer insights, and meetings & events for Voya. Additionally, this role serves as an individual contributor and project manager in support of large-scale, cross-functional corporate and employee communications initiatives.
- Brand and Corporate Communications-specific support such as providing research, writing, and editing assistance for corporate announcements, presentations and various communications campaigns, both internal and external focused (i.e., writing, editing, distribution, maintaining databases, etc.).
- Administrative support such as providing telephone coverage; maintaining calendars; maintaining confidential information; making travel arrangements; coordinating meetings and associated materials; arranging conference calls; and preparing expense reports.
- Presentation support via strong familiarity with PowerPoint.
- Liaise with a variety of important stakeholders on behalf of the department (i.e., company executives and employees, members of the media, opinion leaders, vendors, etc.).
- Serve as a project manager for brand and corporate communications initiatives, as needed.
- General support of corporate internet and intranet sites.
- Successful candidate will be both an independent worker who demonstrates a high level of initiative and someone who can work collaboratively as a part of a team.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
- 2-5 years in journalism, communications, English or a related field preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills/telephone presence.
- A self-motivated team player who is innovative and adaptable to a fast-paced, consistently changing environment.
- Must have schedule flexibility.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Strong project-management skills.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office computer programs (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to thrive under the pressure of multiple deadlines.
In addition, candidates identified as top talent for Voya will possess the following critical skills:
- Customer Focused: Passionate about delighting customers and offering unique solutions that exceed expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to reach well-reasoned solutions and solve problems through a thoughtful process of analyzing data.
- Team Mentality: Partner effectively to drive and execute on common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciate and understand the financial services industry.
- Learning Agility: Open to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Be Well. Stay Well.
Voya provides the resources that can make a difference in your lives. To us, this means thriving physically, financially, socially and emotionally. Voya benefits are designed to help you do just that. That’s why we offer an array of plans, programs, tools and resources with one goal in mind: To help you and your family be well and stay well.
What We Offer
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401(k) Savings plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%)
- Voya Retirement Plan employer paid cash balance retirement plan (4%)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Paid time off including 20 days paid time off, nine paid company holidays and a flexible Diversity Celebration Day.
- Paid volunteer time 40 hours per calendar year
Learn more about Voya benefits (download PDF)
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Voya Financial is an equal-opportunity employer. Voya Financial provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, disability, veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status protected by state or local law.