Branch Manager ESC – (1900032Q)
Carlson Wagonlit Travel SatoTravel (CWTSatoTravel) is seeking an experienced and talented Branch Manager for our Emergency Services Center a 24/7 operation.
As a Branch Manager, your mission will be to “Deliver the Perfect Trip” in order to sustain optimum results for our clients and for CWTSatoTravel.
As the U.S. military and government division of Carlson Wagonlit Travel(CWT), CWTSatoTravel is a global leader specializing in seamless travel management services to our U.S. federal clients. We employ a team of more than 900 associates throughout 187 locations in 14 countries and U.S. territories. Though our offices are spread across the world, we are a tight-knit group with access to resources and innovations that enable us to deliver the best services in the industry.
We are very proud of our 65+ year history serving U.S. military and government clients, and are always looking for new talent to help us grow as a team. Our most valuable asset as a company is the quality of our people. We are a growing family, and encourage you to check out our career opportunities and start your journey with CWTSatoTravel today.
- Works with manager to monitor expenses and control costs to ensure a profitable operation.
- Performs all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage their areas of responsibility:
- Maintains a qualified staff.
- Communicates areas of accountability and performance expected of assigned staff.
- Determines standards of performance as a basis to review progress of assigned staff.
- Recommends transfers, promotions, and dismissals.
- Ensures proper training of assigned staff.
- Fosters a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximum employee morale and productivity.
- Develops individuals for future advancement.
- Reviews telephone statistics ensuring company standards are met and realigns staffing levels as appropriate.
- Assists manager/program management with follow-up on customer service issues.
- Keeps management promptly and fully informed of all matters of significance and proactively takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Manages a profitable operation through the supervision of staff that ensures company procedures, guidelines and standards are followed in all job functions by assigning the operational work flow at each location (i.e. customer service, ticketing, productivity, attendance, accuracy of work, invoicing, etc.)
- Assists staff with problems that arise.
- Works closely with CWT Program Management to ensure that each account is serviced as required in the contract. Handles complaints and answers inquiries timely.
- Responsible for ensuring all staff are fully trained on CWT standards, new enhancements and products. Training includes continued orientation to ensure that they are well-prepared, well-informed, and fully qualified to fulfill the requirements of their position. Works on service coaching and continuing to improve levels of service from the counselor(s). Prepares subordinates, demonstrating advancement potential, for promotion into leadership positions. May utilize CWT training and vendor training, if necessary.
- Reviews telephone statistics ensuring company standards are met and realign staffing levels as appropriate, including scheduling time off and requests for additions and replacements to staff. Ensures that part-time/flex-time employees are utilized effectively to meet operational needs.
- Assists manager with follow-up on company comment cards or other client input vehicles either in writing or by dealing directly with client to resolve any service problems. Identifies trends of locations and/or employees with ongoing issues.
- Analyzes monthly profit and loss statement reviewing for accuracy, changes and improvements. As appropriate, creates SMART action plans to correct problems identified as a result of this analysis.
- May represent staff at client meetings and develop relationship with client to promote better service.
- Acts on behalf of manager when manager is absent, in carrying through company procedures and standards.
- Keeps manager promptly and fully informed of all matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken. Identifies root cause of the issue and communicate changes to ensure problem is resolved.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Act as role model
- Review and monitor information to identify patterns and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and maintain respectful, collaborative relationships and effective teams.
- Work resourcefully and model resiliency in the face of shifting priorities and demands, champion new ideas, and encourage new ways of looking at problems, processes and solutions to improve results.
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous, rapidly changing environment.
- 1-3 years in travel management.
Primary Location: United States
Work from home: Yes
Employment type: Standard
Job Family: Travel Operations
Shift: Day Job
Organization: Customer_Military & Government
Experience Level: 1 to 3 year
As an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other federal, state or local protected class