Bookkeeper at Hawkins, Kominsky, DeVries & Associates
Job Title: Bookkeeper
We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to join our firm. The ideal candidate possesses in-depth knowledge of bookkeeping and payroll practices, as well as preparation of financial statements. They will be able to effectively manage multiple engagements with clients and consistently deliver exemplary services to them. This position is a 100% remote position. Most of the firm’s clientele are located in Jackson, Wyoming. Below is an overview of the job position. Please note that the items listed are not all inclusive.
- Post all account activity (checks, deposits, automatic withdrawals, direct deposits, etc.) for multiple clients
- Prepare payroll and all associated relevant deposits, tax forms, withholdings, etc.
- Reconcile all Balance Sheet accounts
- Prepare and review basic financial statements
- Prepare and submit monthly Wyoming sales tax forms
- Provide guidance on Wyoming sales tax matters (i.e. nexus, online orders, lodging tax, use tax, etc.)
- Prepare and submit Annual Corporate Reports to the Wyoming Secretary of State
- Facilitate Quickbooks setup (desktop and online)
- Provide Quickbooks support, troubleshooting and assistance to clients
- Well versed with accounting software
- Advanced knowledge of Quickbooks Online and Quickbooks Desktop required
- Experience and comfort working in a remote environment
- Up-to-date on current technologies
- Familiar, or ability to become familiar once hired, with Wyoming unemployment insurance, worker’s compensation insurance, and sales tax.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Prioritizes clarity, collaboration and consideration in professional communication
- Capability to explain complicated bookkeeping issues to clients
- Ability to work and solve problems independently
- Demonstrates an ability to multi-task while maintaining a detail-oriented perspective
- Develops and models an understanding of firm philosophy, values, and tax opinions
- Implements technology to help streamline office practices and processes
Health and dental insurance premiums are 100% covered after 60 days of employment. Eligible to contribute to the firm’s SIMPLE Retirement Plan after 30 days, with up to a 3% employer match. Paid vacation and sick leave. Other optional insurance through Aflac. Continuing education, licensing, and dues are paid 100% by the firm. Casual work environment. Relaxed work hours during non-tax season.
Email Amanda Stricker at firstname.lastname@example.org a cover letter and resume outlining why you are a fit for this position. During the hiring process, the responsibilities and qualifications will be tested to confirm your knowledge of them. Do not apply for this position unless you are an experienced bookkeeper who has worked in a remote environment.
Open until filled.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!