Blog Writer and Community Manager at Cisco
Blog Writer and Community Manager
- LOCATION: Offsite, Irvine, California, US
- ALTERNATE LOCATION Remote in US
- AREA OF INTEREST Marketing and Communications
- JOB TYPE Professional
- TECHNOLOGY INTEREST Security
- JOB ID 1325059
What You’ll Do
In addition to writing blog articles and organic social media copy for cloud security products, primary responsibilities include:
- Crafting compelling headlines that clearly articulate our value
- Maintaining an approachable brand voice and taking complex technology messaging and turning it into a jargon-free end-user copy
- Researching and understanding product lines to be able to portray them accurately on the site
- Adapting messaging to each relevant audience and persona
- Optimizing copy and metadata for on-page SEO
- Write articles, social media copy, proofread and editing content
- Manage content submissions from other teams, edit and optimize
- Managing the blog editorial calendar and organic social media schedule
- Analyzing data and reporting metrics to key stakeholders
- Write high-quality, persuasive marketing for the brand, products/services, demand generation, thought leadership content, and events.
- Balance requests and feedback from various stakeholders with overlapping deadlines
- Partner with digital designers to improve messaging through clear, strong creative assets deliver on the totality of a communication/program
- Review internal/external copy as time permits
- Partner with product marketing and content team members to drive the development of high impact, high quality, and persuasive marketing communications
- Work closely with the digital marketing manager to ensure organic social media alignment with paid media plans for social networks and improve presence for cloud security products.
- Field organic social media requests, copy editing social media content, planning and maintaining the organic social media editorial calendar, including scheduling organic social content
- Analyze organic social metrics and reporting metrics to key stakeholders on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
Who You’ll Work With
You’re a creative, driven, and experienced blog writer and community manager. You will join our growing, fast-paced cloud security, in-house marketing team. You’ll have the opportunity to build high visibility blog and social media content for our cloud security product that speaks to our different audiences and support various routes to market. You will work closely with both our creative and paid media teams to develop unique content and social media programs/plans.
Who You Are
- At least 5 years of experience.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Writing, Journalism, Communications, or related degree or relevant experience.
- Proven ability to set the tone and lead other writers and marketers in a consistent voice across various brand properties.
- A portfolio that showcases your writing ability, and organic social media experience, as well as your individual contributions for marketing campaigns.
- Ability to hit fast-moving deadlines and balance multiple projects at once.
- Experience with writing for B2B/SaaS/Technology a plus.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re old (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do you can’t put us in a box!
But Digital Transformation is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!