Billing Specialist at Harris Company
Billing Specialist – Remote/Hybrid
Job Category: Accounting
Requisition Number: BILLI001731
- United States – Remote Position
The purpose of your role as a Billing Specialist
As a Billing Specialist, you will be responsible for preparing accurate and timely customer billings. Requires top level customer support and analytical problem-solving skills. This role can be performed fully remote, hybrid, or in-office.
- Collaborate with project managers to accurately prepare, adjust and verify pre-bill documents before invoicing. Prepare timely and accurate AIA progress and other billings, and enter data accurately into systems and jobs.
- Deliver outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers, as well as other members of the Accounting team, to answer invoicing questions or manage related issues.
- Assist with contract preparation, review and pre-qualifications and change orders
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex customer issues. Act as an escalation point for internal and external customers.
- Preparation of conditional and unconditional waivers
- Assist with special projects, billing / collection research and ad hoc analysis as needed.
What we’re looking for in you
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related, or equivalent years of experience
- 6+ years of proficient understanding of accounting/billing procedures/techniques
- 6+ years of prior experience in a billing or related accounting role
- Advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables)
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable supporting construction operations and job cost
Your life at Harris
As one of the country’s leading mechanical contractors, Harris offers you the best of both worlds: the stability, resources and opportunities of a national company, and the team culture, creative spirit and customer loyalty of a local business. If you thrive on variety and new challenges, we want to meet you!
From stadiums to manufacturing facilities, power plants to hospitals, concert halls to classrooms, we handle projects of all sizes and complexity from multiple regional locations across the country.