Billing Manager at Change Healthcare
Title: Billing Manager
Location: United States National
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact. As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities. Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life. If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
This position will manage the Billing Process for clients who have contracted with the company for Medicaid billing services. Primarily, the position will manage an organization of production staff, which reports through Team Leaders, to ensure billing inventory is managed to the process activity metrics and financial goals as set by the company. Secondarily, this position will be responsible for managing the client relationship with regard to billing performance and will ensure that contacts made by his/her unit with client partners is accomplished in a way that facilitates the overall goals of the unit.
- Ensure billing inventory is managed to the process activity metrics and financial goals as set by the company by working closely with Billers, Team Leads, and Senior Management.
- Responsible for ensuring that client relationships are managed proactively and professionally, ensuring that contacts made by his/her unit with client partners is accomplished in a way that facilitates the overall goals of the unit and the company
- Participate in client meetings with focus on performance reporting and issue resolution
- Facilitate implementation of new billing contracts
- Maintain customer service expectations internally and externally
- Manage agency relationships to affect billing resolution
- Manage all resources within budget
- Respond appropriately and timely to any questions on policies or procedures
- Must be familiar with management reports and monitor for accuracy for each facility
- Identify training needs and assist in conducting training for new staff as well as ongoing/updated training for current staff
- Mentor staff and encourage ongoing growth opportunities within Chamberlin Edmonds
- Responsible for documentation of employee performance, feedback to employee, as well as development of any performance improvement plans to ensure excellent customer service
- Ensure that all compliance rules are adhered to
- Forecast staffing needs and recruit, interview and select new employees
- 5+ years experience with Georgia Medicaid billing guidelines and 3+ years experience managing a team of at least 15-20 people.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, MBA preferred
- Demonstrated supervisory experience including interviewing, hiring, training and discipline experience in developing operating plans and successfully managing within budgetary parameters
- Experience or ability to establish qualitative and quantitative performance measures for all employees and experience in providing ongoing feedback
- Operations experience in a large support organization
- Previous work experience in a start-up environment
- Process development experience
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Business Objects
- Experience establishing a partnership approach with customers/clients/co-workers to accomplish goals and exceed performance expectations
- Experience establishing a team management work structure to accomplish performance goals
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!