Billing and Collections Specialist at Origin Physical Therapy
Billing & Collections Specialist
WHO WE ARE
Origin is a leading provider of pelvic floor and whole-body physical therapy with a specialized focus on pregnancy, postpartum, menopause, and sexual health.
We wake up every day with one purpose: to help women feel their best, through every stage of life. Our goal is to redefine the standard of care for women, nationally. We offer physical therapy designed for women and mothers, in-person and online. Our team uses their expert knowledge to treat commonly overlooked women’s health issues and unlock our clients’ personal potential on their journey to becoming stronger and healthier.
Our approach is clinically proven: we help women work through painful sex, prepare for labor, recover better and faster postpartum, manage menopause symptoms, and avoid unnecessary surgeries. We are expanding our team to support rapid growth and are looking for someone who understands and celebrates our mission.
Mindset matters. While every role will have specific skills and requirements, we are one team with shared core values, and we aim to create a safe and supportive environment for everyone in the Origin community. We’re a team of hardworking and passionate individuals who integrate the following values into our everyday practices:
- Own it. We show up with our best work. We’re creative, focused, proactive, and get the details right.
- Go big. We have a big vision for women’s health and are energized by our potential impact. We act with urgency, yet remember it’s a long game.
- Stretch. Growth can be uncomfortable and progress isn’t always linear. We create a safe space for honest learning, taking risks, and understanding failure.
- Be generous. We’re kind, high integrity, and assume the best. We celebrate wins and build each other up.
We are looking for a Billing & Collections Associate with a specialty in Insurance Verification and background in determining patient eligibility and patient financial responsibility. This person will be able to work independently and complete assignments daily. This position is fully remote and will be required to work an 8-hour day based upon a Pacific Standard Time zone.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for a Billing & Collections Coordinator. This person will be able to work independently and complete assignments daily. This position is fully remote and will be required to work an 8-hour day based upon a Pacific Standard Time zone.
- Work assigned accounts by Supervisor each day and week
- Submit claims to payers. Resubmit claims as needed
- Work closely with the Supervisor to obtain necessary notes for claim submissions
- Comply with requirements to protect patient data, use patient data only for the purpose of managing the patient claim billing process.
- Comply with Origin Physical Therapy and the Billing & Collections department policies, procedures, job aids, reference materials, memos, notes, videos, and other trainings provided
- Meet individual, team and department goals for productivity and quality
- Other duties as assigned or related to the B&C Department
- Working special projects as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3 years’ experience billing medical claims
- 2 years healthcare billing preferred in a physical therapy or orthopedic setting
- Experience in Excel is preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High attention to detail and follow-through on tasks
- Ability to think critically, understand nuance, and problem solve on the fly
- Technology proficiency and a comfort level multitasking with multiple computer systemsefd
At Origin, not only do we want our patients to feel their best – but our employees as well. We believe in both working and resting with intention. The wellbeing of our community is a top priority for us and we aim to create a workplace that fosters positive mental health and growth, both personally and professionally.
Our full time benefits include:
- Healthcare insurance with generous contribution (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Maternity Leave
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- 401k with matching
- Opportunities to speak, write, and advocate for women’s health in the local and national community
- Incredible Client Experience and Operations team, credentialing, technology-enabled workflows
- Learning, development and mentorship opportunities
- Origin Physical Therapy Stipend