Billing and Collections Manager at Spring Health
Billing and Collections Manager
Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry, and backed by prominent VCs including Northzone, Rethink, Work-Bench, RRE, and General Catalyst.
We are looking for a Billing and Collections Manager to join our team that will report directly to the Director of Health Plan Operations. You will be focused on the oversight of all claims adjudication. The Billing and Collections Manager will be focused on the oversight of all claims adjudication. You will also be responsible for managing our relationships with internal and external stakeholders to resolve claims issues.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for oversight of claims submission to various payers and ensure timely filings.
- Monitoring, correcting, and communicating (when necessary) with patients regarding verifying insurance coverage and eligibility.
- Verify provider coding accuracy and conduct data validation audits to ensure documentation supports claims submission.
- Responsible for managing protected health information and following all HIPAA policy and procedure.
- Oversee activities to ensure proper invoicing and payment.
- Resolve issues with pending, rejected or denied claims, submissions and collections.
- Monitor appeals process to payors, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Act as a liaison with internal and external partners to resolve claims and billing issues.
- Identify trends or issues and initiate corrective action to improve revenue cycle management.
- Provide feedback and advice on product/technology/service improvements.
- Own ad hoc operational efficiency projects as needed by the Director of Health Plan Operations.
What we’re looking for:
- Associates degree or Certified Professional Coder with at least five (5) years in the behavioral health or medical field in a similar position.
- Five (5) years of working experience in claims analysis/healthcare billing.
- Comfortable in amorphous environments and with constantly evolving responsibilities.
- Tech-savvy: very comfortable adopting new technologies and platforms and efficient in tech-related tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and context switch!
- Bonus: Experience working in measurement-based care!
Why you’ll like working at Spring Health:
- Big mission: we’re revolutionizing the mental health industry
- The challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Good benefits: we offer health, dental and vision benefits as well as access to mental health care on Spring Health
- Great people: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team
- We care about diversity:diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
- Patient comes first. We are serious about our mission and about the end-game — transforming and saving lives
- Clinical evidence serves the patient. We are serious about our evidence-based foundation
- Move fast. We execute quickly and efficiently without compromising on ethics or quality
- Be open and honest. We avoid politics and are direct with each other — about the good and the bad
- Decide, decide, decide. We don’t sit on decisions for too long and are comfortable making decisions even in the face of ambiguity.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!