Virtual Bilingual (Spanish) Patient Communication Specialist/Scheduler
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
American Health Connection is a national healthcare call center managing patient access for major hospitals and clinics across the United States.
We are a family oriented establishment that promotes sustainability by offering a flexible work environment, a competitive salary, and a generous benefits package.
American Health Connection is a national healthcare call center.seeking applicants who enjoy helping others.
This is a fast paced, detail oriented position with a competitive benefits package. As a Patient Intake Coordinator/Scheduler, you are the first point of contact for patients. In this position, you will utilize your customer service and critical thinking skills to schedule appointments, verify insurance, complete pre-certifications, make referrals in addition to other job related duties. To ensure that each patient receives the time and care they need efficiently, you will focus solely on working with patients to obtain complete and accurate information. Listening to the patient’s needs and finding a working solution for them is crucial while providing excellent customer service to a diverse age and ethnic population by effectively communicating and proficiently handling confidential and sensitive information.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in medical-oriented scheduling environment – preferably large physician practice or central scheduling.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted by Human Resources after being prequalified. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE
- Bilingual in any of the following languages: Spanish, Mandarin, Polish and/or Cantonese is a plus!
- Adept at handling large call volumes, preferably with use of VOIP call systems
- Working knowledge of the following systems: EPIC/Cerner and/or PHS
- Efficiently schedule radiology and diagnostic procedures
- Proficient capability with pre-registration and insurance verification
- Experience with basic insurance guidelines
- Excellent communication skills, customer service skills and phone etiquette, able to communicate effectively on the telephone.
- Ability to multitask – with basic knowledge of PC common applications
- Demonstrated, proven ability working in a home remote environment – with dedicated office space that can be closed off by a door for security
While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted by Human Resources after being prequalified. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE
Applicants in California & Mississippi will not be considered at this time.
If you qualify for the position, our IT department will contact you to make an appointment to prequalify your computers specifications. Once this is completed, a phone interview will commence.
- Antivirus Protection with current subscription.
- Desktop/tower PC with 22-inch monitor. Laptops are not acceptable.
- Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core i3-4100M 2.50GHz / AMD A8-3850 APU or better. (You can check here, as any CPU with a Passmark score of 3400 or higher is eligible)
- RAM: 8GB or more.
- High-Speed Internet with modem connected to PC through Ethernet cable. Wireless internet connections are not acceptable.
- Internet speeds must meet a speed test minimum of 30 Mb/Sec download and 10 Mb/Sec upload.
To become a successful Patient Communication Specialist you will need the proper headset equipment. Click here for approved list of headsets at a discounted rate.
Finger Dexterity: Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Talking: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas
- accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Visual Ability: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Physical Strength: Sedentary work; sitting most of the time.
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.