US English/Spanish (Latin American) Bilingual Linguist
Job Locations: Remote-Remote
Appen is looking for bilingual US English native-level speakers, who possess language skills in Latin American Spanish locales for an upcoming lexicon development project.
- The candidates will be working on linguistic annotation.
- They will be checking and validating pronunciations of persons’ names.
- Linguists will be required to provide pronunciation variants that capture the varieties in which names can be pronounced.
Start date: March 2019
Hours required: 15-25 per week
Project duration: approximately 50 weeks
- Native level US English language skills
- Fluency in any Latin American Spanish locale
- Degree in linguistics or similar field
- Knowledge of SAMPA/IPA
- Expertise in phonetics/phonology is highly desirable
- Qualified candidates must pass SAMPA screener
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.