Bilingual Communications Specialist at American Red Cross
Title: Bilingual – Communications Specialist, NHQ Biomedical Communications
Location: United States
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW :
The American Red Cross is seeking a skilled Communications Specialist for its Biomedical Communications team at national headquarters. The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. That’s right! You will be able to work from your home office, while doing meaningful, mission-focused work. The selected candidate will work remotely and can be located anywhere in the United States.
The Biomedical Communications team at American Red Cross National Headquarters develops the national communications strategy, raising awareness for the need for blood donations both externally and internally. Externally, the team focuses on managing crisis communications, responding to national media inquiries, developing website and social media content, and providing campaign support. Internally, this team also executes broad leadership communication plans for the organization, drafts memos, talking points and FAQs for key initiatives, and develops intranet content.
Within this team, the new communications specialist will be focused on supporting blood donation communications that engage and motivate audiences within the Latino and Hispanic community. This position will report to the director of NHQ Biomedical Communications.
*Bilingual candidates (Spanish/English) required for this role*
WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE FOR GOOD:
- Support development of national communications strategy for the blood donation division of the Red Cross.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with cross-functions teams including Marketing, Fundraising, Partnerships and Operations.
- Bolster Red Cross efforts across the country to engage with young and diverse populations by identifying, developing and implementing new communications tactics.
- Execute communications strategy for Red Cross initiative to engage the Latino community about the importance of donating blood to support patients.
- Serve as Spanish-speaking spokesperson for national headquarters
- Draft external talking points, media Q&A, media statements and social media guidance in both English and Spanish, as appropriate.
- Cultivate diverse relationships with blood recipients, donors and other key stakeholders.
- Respond to national media inquiries for blood donations.
- Support Spanish translations for communications materials as needed.
- Develop briefing materials for spokespeople.
- Help respond to crisis communications issues to mitigate reputational risk.
- Work collaboratively with local communicators across the country on diversity topics and issues of reputational risk.
- Develop internal employee communications including talking points, FAQs, employee memos, presentations, videos, and intranet content.
- Lead review process for internal communications processes.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bilingual candidate (Spanish/English)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field.
- 5-7 years of communications experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Confident teammate who can wear both external and internal communications hats.
- Ability to write quickly and clearly to respond to emerging issues.
- Ability to translate communications written in English for Spanish-speaking audiences with knowledge of cultural differences that require language adaptation.
- Experience developing and executing multicultural communications campaigns and partnerships.
- Established relationships and experience working with third-party Latino and Hispanic community organizations.
- Experience developing and executing shareable, digital content
- Understand nuances, comfortable working in gray areas – all with the highest personal integrity.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to work well with colleagues at all levels, including senior leaders.
- Proven track record of communications execution to advance business goals.
- Strong critical thinking and strategic planning skills to ensure effective communications.
- Independent problem solver and self-starter.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Ability to handle occasional irregular and weekend hours.
- Familiarity with and commitment to the Red Cross mission.
- Preference to reside in Red Cross blood collection market.
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
- Medical, Dental Vision plans
- Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
- PTO: Starting at 15 days a year; based on FLSA status and tenure
- Holidays: 11 paid holidays comprised of six core holidays and five floating holidays
- 401K with 4% match
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Assistance
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and recognition
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more