Bid Analyst — Redwood Toxicology-REQ19050061
DO WORK THAT MATTERS
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create the life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bid Analyst – Contracts Administration within our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics business located in Santa Rosa, California. Will consider remote for the right candidate. In this role, you will responsible for identifying and responding to Redwood Toxicology Laboratory’s bid opportunities in a timely and professional manner while adhering to Abbott policies and procedure.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
- Research, review and respond to applicable bid and quote opportunities per standard protocol and within required timelines
- Coordinate with departments within RTL and SBU to garner required information and approvals
- Perform pricing analyses and recommendations; maintain up-to-date bid resource files
- Negotiate contracts following bid awards and effectively transition to Sales
- Sustain and manage relationships with purchasing officials; and participate in special projects as assigned
The Bid Analyst’s responsibilities include a unique blend of technical writing (proposal content), project management, sales, and business analysis. As such, the role requires not only technical skill, but also versatility and the ability to thrive under pressure.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- 5+ years’ experience in Sales, Sales Operations, and/or Contracts Administration experience is preferred. However, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job duties may be considered.
- Bid and/or contract administration experience
- Experience in sales or client-facing position
- Technical or business writing experience
- Possess above average writing skills – you may be asked to provide professional writing samples for evaluation
- Be extremely detail oriented
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Have an aptitude for multi-tasking, moving between projects and duties quickly and efficiently
- Be an effective communicator both verbally and written
- Be able to learn and absorb knowledge, which may include scientific terminology and concepts
- Be able to learn and navigate multiple database programs
- Be able to work under stress conditions and handle stressful situations efficiently and effectively
- Be capable of successfully meeting critical deadlines under pressure
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers, management and clients
- Be computer literate with above average proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Possess exceptional organizational skills
- Possess excellent time management skills
At Abbott, we’re committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we’ve brought new products and technologies to the world — in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals — that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just lo
Primary Location USA-California-Santa Rosa
Other Locations: USA-Various Cities-Telecommute – US
Organization Sales and Marketing
Unposting Date Ongoing