Behavioral Health Counselor at Marathon Health
Title: Virtual Behavioral Health Counselor
- Location: US – Remote
Marathon Health is seeking full-time, Master’s Level, Virtual Behavioral Health Counselors committed to practicing patient centered, outcomes-based therapy and delivering mental health and wellness care for individuals, couples and families through Marathon Health’s new Virtual Care Offering. These positions will be responsible for providing virtual behavioral health services to a panel of members in several geographies and will play a key role in pioneering a new way to deliver quality virtual behavioral health.
These positions will be full-time, salaried, remote opportunities. We offer excellent salary and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), FSA, malpractice, CME assistance, life and disability, paid time off and holidays.
Schedule: Mondays-Fridays 9am-6pm EST or 12pm-9pm EST (1 hour lunch)
If you are a Behavioral Mental Health Counselor who wants to practice in a revolutionary setting that emphasizes prevention, wellness, and patient involvement, we want to talk with you! Join a health care organization where the emphasis is on health outcomes, not patient volume and billing.
About Marathon Health
Marathon Health is one of the nation’s leading providers of employer-based health services. We serve businesses throughout the United States, providing a different kind of healthcare program that focuses on total population health management and health risk reduction.
Marathon Health promotes a culture of health and wellness in everything we do. It is for this reason we seek to hire individuals who embrace wellness and model healthy behaviors in their own lives. We are proud to be a drug and tobacco free company. We value the richness diversity brings to our workforce and are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and provider (EOE). The selected candidate must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
The Virtual Behavioral Health Counselor is responsible for the virtual treatment planning, assessments (including risk), appropriate documentation of clinical progress in our EMR, and the virtual delivery of effective methods of interventions to shape continuing service provisions that meet the needs of individuals, couples and families (ages 12+). In addition, they will lead virtual group sessions and educational workshops, and work closely with the rest of the Virtual Care Team in helping each patient reach their optimal health and assuring a streamlined coordination of care. Maintaining a collaborative relationship with the team’s staff is a key ingredient to success in this position. It is imperative that the individual embrace the company’s vision and exemplify the organization’s core values.
The position will play a key role in pioneering a new way to deliver quality virtual behavioral health and will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of the initial solution, as well as on-going improvements and enhancements. This position will determine when in-person interactions are most appropriate for patients, and will make referrals to appropriate care settings, as needed.
- 2 or more years’ experience as a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or similarly licensed behavioral health professional.
- Minimum of an earned Master’s degree from a mental health counseling program accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) that consists of at least 60 semester hours or 80 quarter hours of clinical and didactic instruction, including a course in human sexuality and a course in substance abuse. [Note: CACREP accredited programs that are not mental health counseling programs do not meet this requirement, i.e., community counseling, school counseling, counselor education.] OR Minimum of an earned Master’s degrees in social work from CSWE-approved MSW programs, pass the Clinical ASWB Examination, (complete any additional exams and coursework required by the state’s board of social work examiners) and at least two to three years of supervised clinical social work.
- Ability to provide compassionate, patient-centric care through video, phone, and secure messaging
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Professional medical Spanish-language fluency preferred
- Multiple state licenses preferred.
- Willingness to apply for and retain 20+ state licensures required. Company will pay for and assist in maintaining these licenses.
- This position is 100% remote. Candidate must have a quiet space where virtual visits can occur without disruption or background noise. Work environment must have a clean, organized background for video visits. Candidates are responsible for providing adequate internet bandwidth to maintain high quality video connections.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!