Banking Specialist at Wurk
- Remote OK
Are you ready to plant roots and grow with a Denver-based company that is making a name for themselves? If so, we here at Wurk want to meet you! Wurk is the cannabis industry’s first all-in-one workforce management solution. We’ve created a dynamic system to manage payroll, HR, timekeeping, and tax compliance, streamlining operations and minimizing regulatory risk. Our responsibility is to protect the people and businesses of the cannabis industry so they can focus their energies on making social change in the world in which we live.
A successful Banking Specialist at Wurk will manage effective money movement. Working closely with customers, banking partners, Wurk Account Managers, and the Finance team, this person will inform and execute on the transfer and reconciliation of transactions in support of Wurk’s payroll product. In this role, you will process transactions through the ACH system in coordination with multiple banking and product partners’ systems. The right candidate will identify new opportunities to drive growth and build upon the Wurk brand.
What’s in it for you?
- Work with one of the most amazing tech start-ups the industry has ever seen and be a part of an incredible team that’s going places and leading industry
- 2 hub offices in Scottsdale, AZ and Denver, CO
- Apply your technical, project, and problem-solving skills to an evolving market
- Do you love dogs? So do we! (We’re dog-friendly!)
- Collaborate with bright, fun, and goal-oriented teams in an open and lively environment.
- Reap the benefits of unlimited PTO, WFH, Parental Leave, 401K and more!
- Eligible to receive equity in Company
- 1 Month Sabbatical after 4 years of employment
What you’ll need to accomplish!
- Within the first 30 days, you will learn the Wurk platform modules for money movement, process daily ACH files, and manage returned items
- You will document processes for managing money movement, including ACH files, and will begin reconciling identified clearing and tax accounts against general ledgers
- Documented all money movement processes, developed key performance indicators, established reportable and effective metrics, and identified areas of improvement
- Manage the movement of client funds and ensure accurate and on-time money transfers
- Provide customer and peer support regarding financial transactions
- Assist with internal and external project management as needed
What you’ll need to have!
- 4 years college degree or equivalent work experience
- Deep understanding of bank reconciliation and high-volume money movement
- Documented experience with ACH transactions
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Strong analytical skills and math skills with the ability to identify fraud and trends while also implementing process improvements
- Work well under pressure and consistently meet strict deadlines
- Organized, high standard of accuracy, attention to detail, and excellent follow up skills
- Effective problem-solving skills with the ability to solve complex problems
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wurk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wurk does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!