Backend Engineer, Databases at Terra - Terraform Labs
Title: Backend Engineer (Databases)
Location: US Remote
At Terraform Labs, we envision a multi-chain future one in which decentralized blockchain economies can align incentives with one another by forming bilateral, mutually beneficial economic agreements, and launching a new chain takes mere minutes. Fueled by a passionate community and deep developer talent pool, the projects we create aim to enable the next generation of Web3 products and services.
Explore our projects:
Terra an open-source, community-owned blockchain hosting a vibrant ecosystem of decentralized applications and cutting-edge developer tools
Alliance an open-source Cosmos SDK module enabling the formation of bilateral, mutually-beneficial economic alliances between blockchains
Station an interchain wallet simplifying the often complex, cumbersome process of interacting with multiple blockchain networks
Warp Protocol a decentralized, on-chain event handler allowing users and protocols to queue transactions to be executed in the future when pre-set conditions have been met
Enterprise Protocol a no-code solution for DAO creation and management, empowering decentralized communities to coordinate and manage their DAOs on Terra simply and easily
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Backend Engineer with a deep specialization in Key/Value databases. In this role, you’ll be instrumental in fortifying and optimizing the infrastructure that undergirds our web3 and blockchain app landscape, ensuring its scalability and robust performance. As a member of our dynamic engineering team, you will play a critical role in designing, implementing, and maintaining the backend systems that power our large-scale and high-traffic websites. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the reliability, scalability, and performance of our applications.
- Spearhead initiatives to scale and enhance the infrastructure supporting our web3 and blockchain app ecosystem, leveraging Key/Value databases.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to ensure seamless integration of Key/Value databases into our tech stack.
- Detect, diagnose, and rectify performance issues within the infrastructure to ensure continuous, smooth operation.
- Stay attuned to the latest innovations and best practices in the realm of Key/Value databases, particularly in the blockchain and web3 domains.
- Champion the cause of security and resilience in our databases, vital for the trustworthiness of our decentralized solutions.
- Disseminate insights and knowledge about Key/Value databases, aiding in the upskilling of our team.
- Implement and maintain continuous integration and delivery pipelines to automate the deployment and testing processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues, including diagnosing problems, implementing fixes, and performing root cause analysis.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies related to backend development, site reliability, and DevOps practices.
- An interest in DeFi, or background in finance / Fintech
- 3+ years of professional work experience
- Proven experience as a Backend Software Engineer, with a focus on Key/Value Databases
- Strong expertise in designing, implementing, and maintaining large-scale backend systems and high-traffic websites.
- Experience with leveldb/golevel/rocksdb required
- Proficiency in Go programming language and familiarity with frameworks and libraries commonly used in Go backend development.
- In-depth knowledge of database management systems, including relational databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g., Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis).
- Deep understanding of DevOps principles and hands-on experience with CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD).
- Time-zone flexibility (as our team is distributed across Asia / US)
At Terraform Labs, we believe in building a freer financial system one decoupled from centralized constraints, easy to build on, and seamless to interact with. If you share our passion for decentralized finance, we invite you to join us on our journey to set money free.
Terraform Labs Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristics protected by local law or ordinance.