Remote Senior Software Engineer – Java
Job Posting Location: Remote
Job Code: 6473
Want to see your ideas in action?
We do too.
Remote Senior Software Engineer – Java
If you like finding and implementing innovative solutions, you’ll fit in perfectly at CSC. The world’s leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services, we use technology to make businesses run smoother and smarter. And as a Senior Java Software Engineer, that’s what you’ll be doing, too.
The Senior Java Software Engineer, you will work alongside other talented software developers, test professionals, consultants, and analysts to deliver high-value technical solutions for our business. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong technical aptitude and experience as a senior level developer. At CSC, our IT department is an innovative, collaborative environment where the smartest, most productive, and fun to work with software professionals are motivated to do their best work.
What you’ll do for us
- Provide technical guidance and direction to other Java Software Engineers and Test Engineers on the design, development, security, infrastructure, testing and implementation functions of Web applications within the Matter Management technology stack
- Contribute to the Analysis and Design for application changes to our Legacy Matter Management solution.
- Contribute to Production Support and debugging across the Matter Management platform, working with other software engineers.
- Provide technical input to business analysts in the creation of user stories for the Matter Management Platform.
- Implement and maintain security standards, procedures, and guidelines
What we’ll do for you
- Empower you to find your own innovative solutions to challenges faced by some of the world’s leading companies
- Give you the freedom to explore, experiment, and implement out-of-the-box ideas
- Provide excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more
Technical skills, experience and qualifications that will make you successful in this role
- 5+ years of recent experience implementing web applications in Java/J2EE, EJB, Struts, XML, MVC, Spring Frameworks, Hibernate, JDBC, RESTFul services, SOAP services, JMS, JSP/JSTL, JUnits
- Strong experience with the Java umbrella of technologies
- Strong experience with RDBMS Firm grasp of SQL Oracle
- Strong experience with JEE server environments – Tomcat, WebLogic, and others
- Strong experience with Application server development – Service layer patterns using Spring
- Strong experience with build technologies Maven and Ant
- Experience with Documentum (Enterprise Content Management platform)
- Experience with the design, development, testing and deployment of enterprise class web-based applications
- Experience with object-oriented design, design patterns, and refactoring.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Desire to work in a global Agile/Scrum software development team
- Strong desire to achieve team success and an ability to mentor colleagues globally in quality
Why join us?
At CSC, we’re always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 12 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It’s an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
- This position can sit 100% remote.
CSC is the world’s leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the trusted partner for 90% of the Fortune 500, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA, since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients areand we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.