Backend Engineer (Remote)
About Learning Machine
Learning Machine Technologies, architect of the Blockcerts open standard with the MIT Media Lab, is the world leader in blockchain credentialing and blockchain-based digital identity. Our approach to winning the market is: We change the world through principled architecture and customer success. As the only blockchain-based records provider in the world with an in-market product for multi-chain issuing and self-sovereign digital identity, our offering is revolutionizing the way business in all sectors issue and verify claims and the way individuals understand and use their digital identities.
Learning Machine is a startup in its second year of commercial operation with clients around the world. From the beginning, we have been revenue driven and enterprise focused. Our Enterprise SaaS product, the Learning Machine Federated Issuing System, allows governments, companies, and educational institutions to issue blockchain records at scale to any blockchain they choose.
Overview of Backend Engineer (Remote)
We are looking for someone committed to applying technology to solve business needs. The right person will have strong problem solving skills as well as a love of collaborating with other engineers and business partners. A strong plus for having an interest in Blockchain and Decentralized Architectures or if you have ETL/ELT experience. Core contributions will be made to API design/development as well as schema work/generalization for Learning Machine’s various “canvas” features.
Technologies we rely on:
- C# / ASP.NET Core 2
- Typescript is handy for occasional integration work
- We are primarily a remote team using GitHub, ZenHub and Slack or Zoom to collaborate.
- We depend on testing and use Travis for CI.
- We have a distributed architecture primarily in AWS. Our application is fully containerized using Docker running in ECS and we use tools like ElasticSearch/Kibana and SQS.
- Additionally, we use:
- Postman for endpoint development and testing.
- VS Code, Pycharm, Webstorm.
We are excited to work with you because:
- You are enthusiastic about collaborating with others to design technology solutions.
- You focus on the product.
- You love to innovate and find better ways to write software.
- You are someone we trust to organize your time and effort.
You will love working at Learning Machine because we:
- Are successful and a fast-growing company.
- Are technology and data-driven business.
- Fully support remote work.
- Flexible regarding the local dev setup you use.
- Embrace new ideas and ways of thinking.
- Are committed to a work-life balance.
This role has the potential to grow into an engineering leadership role, depending on the candidate’s interest.