Backend Engineer at Oxford VR
at Oxford VR
Remote – US
Oxford VR is on a mission to revolutionize mental health for millions globally through cutting-edge digital therapies that get results.
We’re launching a virtual clinic in April 2021 that’s human-centered, care-forward and technology-leveraged. Our focus is on providing automated technologies, like VR, incorporating evidence-based psychological treatments, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), delivered via immersive environments.
The organization was seeded in January 2017 and has raised £14.3m investment to date, most recently in a £10m round led by Optum Ventures (United Health Group).
Reporting to the head of Platform Development the application engineer role will implement new services to support the user-facing frontend application(s). The ideal candidate for this role will be comfortable with frontend development as well, with an expected balance of 75% backend, 25% frontend. Familiarity with .NET, C#, API design, and microservice architectures is required. Experience with Angular, HTML, and CSS is preferred.
Day-to-day tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Development of services and APIs to support Angular micro-frontends
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Data model development and maintenance
- Maintenance and development of system infrastructure
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Proficiency in the .NET environment, including C# and MVC framework
- API design
- Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Infrastructure management via Terraform
- Database schema and data model definition and maintenance
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance, including HIPAA
- Automated testing
- Proficient understanding of git
- Experience with Azure DevOps a plus
We’d like to know what you think qualifies you for this role. We don’t necessarily need a piece of paper – what we really value is common sense – and so far, we haven’t seen a course for that!
Of course, if you have accolades you want to share then we’d love to hear all about them.
In the US, our team is fully remote, which means we’re looking for the best people we can find, regardless of location.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!