BACKEND ENGINEER (SF OR REMOTE)
Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through the highly addictive Bleacher Report app. Follow the action at bleacherreport.com and through Instagram @BleacherReport.
As a division of Turner, B/R has gained all the advantages of a large media company while maintaining its vibrant startup culture. We work in a fast paced, 24-7 field in a laid back environment. You’ll also be in a role that allows you to work with multiple groups and networks.
We are growing our team and looking for an Backend Engineer to work either in our SF office or remotely within the US.
What you’ll do…
- You will build and launch new features and services for the Bleacher Report platform using Elixir and Phoenix.
- You will work closely with product managers and squad to understand requirements and come up with solutions.
- You will produce high-quality software that is well-designed, maintainable, unit tested, code reviewed and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- You will deploy code weekly
- You will work closely with a top-notch, egoless engineering team.
Experience you need…
- 3 years track record of successful application development and implementation
- 1+ years solid experience developing Elixir applications
- Must have 1+ years solid experience developing Ruby on Rails applications
- Disciplined approach to software development, Test Driven Development, and Agile methodology
- Ability to work on features independently
- Aggressive at refactoring/rewriting old code for efficiency and scalability
- Ability to work across engineer teams to develop services.
Experience we appreciate…
- Contributions to the open source community
- Familiarity with other languages/technologies
- Worked on a high-traffic website or platform, general optimization and scalability skills
- Understanding of SQL tuning and optimization techniques
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Benefits and perks include
Bleacher Report offers a fast-paced, energetic and agile environment that genuinely values and promotes each person s unique talents. We combine the agility of a startup environment with the stability and benefits only a company backed by Turner Broadcasting can bring.
- Competitive salary
- Variable bonuses based on individual and company performance
- $5,000 annual personal conference & training budget
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan with matching
- Life Insurance and AD&D, LTD
- Transit stipends
- Subsidized gym memberships
- The latest technology and equipment you need
- Fully-stocked snack and coffee bar with a variety of food and beverages
- Awesome team events year-round, in and out of the office