Backend Engineer at PatchRx
A bit about us
PatchRx is on a mission to fundamentally improve the patient experience with taking prescription medication. At PatchRx, we provide an end-to-end, reimbursable medication compliance service for clinics to promote better medication adherence among their patients. With a smart pill bottle cap for every patient and an onsite PatchRx nurse to facilitate better adherence, our platform provides increased transparency that results in better healthcare outcomes for patients and more effective patient care from providers.
We believe that our team is taking part in a historic shift in the way we take medication, understand medication use behavior, and build healthier communities around the world. We’re happy you’re here, we look forward to meeting you!
About the role
We are looking for an experienced, talented, and dedicated backend engineer to join our development team. This role is ideal for a detailed oriented developer who is comfortable with a mix of coding, devops, and QA/data validation. Our business has begun to scale rapidly, so we are excited about someone who brings specific skills with testing frameworks, database expertise, or best practices for distributed systems to help us as we grow. You will report directly to Michael Howe, the SVP of Engineering.
As a team member at PatchRx, you will have the ability to make a true impact on the success of our company by building a resilient platform for our patient data. Our current tech stack includes a backend using Node.js, GraphQL, and PostgreSQL running on AWS, which enables our frontend devs’ work on React.js apps.
We are particularly interested if you have a history with scalable architectures, and can speak to your experience with data redundancy, visibility, and logging.
- Maintain and build new API functionality to enable platform improvements.
- Data validation including integration tests, data generation frameworks, and automated analysis.
- Work with the backend team to maintain system responsiveness, including database performance, load balancing, and process improvements.
- Improve our deployment pipeline.
- Operational experience with AWS, GitHub, Docker.
Qualifications and background we’d like to see
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- SQL expertise, ideally including PostgreSQL stored procedures and performance optimizations.
- Server side web development, including Node.js, Typescript, Express, Nginx, Docker, AWS.
- Unit and integration testing frameworks.
- Monitoring and logging systems.
- Data security best practices.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with medical data (HIPAA, HITECH).
- Deployment tooling: Terraform.
- Experience with distributed devices (IoT) and related protocols, such as LwM2M.
- Embedded experience is a plus.
- Java and/or Python experience is a plus.
You’ll love working at PatchRx because…
We explore. We believe that exploring the world around us helps us find connections between disparate things and spurs innovation.
We invest in your life. We want to provide you with resources to meet your needs both in and outside of work. We offer fully remote work for those interested, provide up to $500 in stipends to make working from home fun and productive, and provide plentiful PTO, health, vision, dental, student loan repayment, and HSA benefits.
We want you to grow. We are a team that supports each other’s professional and intellectual growth. You’ll have access to regular opportunities to learn from teammates and invest in your professional development with up to $1,000 per year for employees to pursue paid classes, certifications, and opportunities relevant to your work at PatchRx.
We offer highly competitive compensation packages. Our team is our most valuable asset. We want everyone who works for us to feel fairly compensated for the impact they bring to our mission. That means we allow you the flexibility to adjust the equity to cash ratio in your package while providing full benefits and taking your cost of living into account.