at Bishop Fox
We are trusted advisors to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and organizations helping to secure their commerce, data, IT infrastructure, and intellectual property. From critical infrastructure to credit cards; social media to mobile games; flight navigation systems to frozen waffle factories we’re right there, advising every bit of the way.
We’re hiring a Backend Engineer to join and advance our engineering team.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do
You are an engineer seeking a new role one with ample opportunity. You are more than ready to take a new mission and run with it. And in the case of Bishop Fox, that mission will be to design, build, test, and maintain a revolutionary security platform.
At Bishop Fox, your success will be measured by the following outcomes:
- Designing, building, testing, and finally publishing REST APIs to serve automation needs
- Creating, testing, and optimizing queries to serve data visualization and analytics in various data technologies
- Developing and refining data models to manage evolving data requirements
In your first six months, you will have mastered the following:
- Improving attack surface data model ingestion
- Enhancing automation engine throughput and reliability
- Building queries for reports and dashboards
- Developing backing data sources for attack chain visualization
- Producing new APIs and data stores for attack surface automation
We pride ourselves on our culture at Bishop Fox. You will be surrounded by some of the most brilliant minds in the cybersecurity industry; working here will continually push you to be better each day. Not only that we all work hard, but we know when to take a step back. We value our time and our well-being, and we look out for each other. Everyone here plays a role in our success.
Why Bishop Fox
Bishop Fox offers competitive salary, generous benefits, flexible schedules, and travel. If you’re looking for opportunities to grow professionally, this is the place. You’ll work alongside some of the most talented and experienced security consultants in the industry.
We have a casual workplace environment, but were consummate professionals.
The following is a list of skills you will have in your repertoire. If you have most of these, we’d like to speak to you.
- Experience in object-oriented languages
- Golang would be a plus
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, mssql)
- Previous experience in developing or software engineering
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience
- An interest in cybersecurity would be ideal
- A degree is nice to have, but by no means a necessity
- Emotional intelligence + ego-less intelligence
- Flexibility; you adapt to dynamic environments well
- Autonomy you work well on your own
- Demonstrable proof of your work (a GitHub or GitLab link, a portfolio, or other selected samples)
This position will be fully remote.
Interested candidates should submit a link to their portfolio of recent relevant work in addition to their resume and cover letter. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.