Back Office Manager at Prisma
Back office manager (remote, part-time)
Who we are
Prisma is a new kind of education company driven by a singular mission: to create a next generation capable of solving the world’s biggest problems. The world is changing faster than ever, yet our current education system is not designed for rapid change. At Prisma we have designed a new kind of K-12 learning experience, built from the ground up to not only develop kids’ future-ready skills (curiosity, systems thinking & problem solving, ethical decision making, communication & collaboration, and initiative & follow through) but to instill in them a desire to make a large, positive impact on the world. Prisma combines the flexibility of home-based learning, the socialization of a close-knit peer group that meets daily, the support of an inspiring learning coach, and the personalization of an interests-based, adaptable curriculum. We believe that every student deserves to love school, be able to progress at their own pace, pursue what interests them, and to reach their full potential. If you believe this too and you dream of a job where you can truly have an impact on the world, read on!
We are led by two repeat founders whose most recent venture was bought by Google in one of its most expensive acquisitions to date. We are a well and self-funded, mission-driven company focused on scalable and sustainable growth.
What the role is
We’re looking for someone who is experienced with bookkeeping and HR to fully manage the bookkeeping, human resources and back office business aspects of our startup. This is a part-time contractor role that may become a full-time position as we grow.
What you will do
- Fully own bookkeeping for a high-growth startup with revenue and employees in several US states as well as internationally
- Ensure compliance with state-specific tax filing and employer requirements
- Manage employee payroll, 1099 contractor pay and employee benefit plan
- Develop HR processes and manage Prisma HR for our small team
- Manage other business back office needs, such as insurance
Who the ideal candidate is
- Well versed in managing all aspects of corporate financial books for a company that operates in several US states and, ideally, also internationally
- Capable of ensuring compliance with and managing state-specific reporting and tax filing requirements, including in collaboration with a corporate tax firm
- Experienced in managing employee payroll and benefits as well as 1099 contractor pay and vendor invoices
- Well versed in human resources requirements to ensure compliance with federal and state-specific regulations for employers
- Experienced in managing other back-end business needs, such as selecting appropriate insurance
- Attuned to detail and highly ethical in financial management
- Passionate about making a positive impact on humanity through education
Beyond possessing these skills, if you also exude these traits, we want to talk with you!
- Gutsy: Unafraid to speak up, take risks and think differently
- Humble: Quick to give credit and slow to pass blame
- Can-do: Optimistic, bring solutions, not problems, and always find a way
- Team player: Care about, respect, help, and speak candidly with others
- Driven: Go above and beyond to achieve our mission
How we compensate
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule (compatible with US-based working hours)
- Work from anywhere in the world
- As we grow, this part-time contractor role has the potential to develop into a full-time salaried position