Azure Cloud Architect
Location: Neenah, WI, US, 54957
Requisition #: 10511
Functional Area: Information Technology
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Options: Work remotely from home in the US
Work Hours: Standard Business Hours
Travel Requirement: Up to 10%
At J. J. Keller, we are Difference Makers because the work we do truly matters. We protect people’s lives every day. In fact, more than 90% of Fortune 1000 companies rely on J. J. Keller to help create safe work environments and simplify the complexities of compliance. We’re proud of our associates and how they work together to achieve outstanding growth. Our associates have named J. J. Keller as a Great Place to Work three years in the running. We believe it’s because we care about their professional and personal aspirations, providing ample flex-time and remote working options, in addition to vacation/paid time off and holidays, opportunities for associate development, our wellness program, and other comprehensive benefits to help our associates go beyond a career.
View our CAREERS video to learn more about being a Difference Maker at J. J. Keller and click here to learn what our associates have to say about life as an associate at J. J. Keller.
J. J. Keller has a team of over 200 technology professionals and we’re growing! The Cloud Architect role was created to support J. J. Keller’s strategic initiatives tied to our Cloud Strategy. This strategy crosses all technology platforms, including our ERP (SAP) infrastructure, our commercial native mobile and .NET web applications, various internal applications and our robust e-commerce suite. Several projects are on the roadmap tied to Azure, AWS, SAP HANA/Big Data, and investigating new cloud solutions.
The Cloud Systems Architect is responsible for partnering with internal stakeholders and providing strategic, technical leadership, ensuring that all cloud solutions and architecture adhere to industry best-practices for scalability, maintainability, usability, performance, security, and portability. This role also designs, deploys and oversees the implementation and integration of systems for cloud-based infrastructure and has responsibility for relationship management for cloud vendors, including monitoring SLA’s and tracking performance, troubleshooting and reporting.
This position may be based out of our Neenah, WI Corporate Headquarters location, or may work remotely from a home-based office within the US.
- Develops strategic plans for cloud-based solutions, including but not limited to: transition strategies, bundling (multiple cloud offerings) strategies, risk assessment, and roadmap planning.
- Designs, deploys and oversees the implementation and integration of systems for cloud-based solutions. This includes both migrating on premise applications to cloud infrastructure as well as maintaining applications already in cloud infrastructure.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to investigates and communicates the impact of architecture and design choices on non-functional attributes like scalability, performance, availability and security. Identifies gaps, strategic impacts, financial impacts and the risk profile in the technical solution or offering, and provides technical support.
- Troubleshoots complex technical issues for cloud-based solutions. Identifies and mitigates risks on projects.
- Assists in contract negotiation for cloud-based solutions. Owns vendor relationship management, tracking, troubleshooting and reporting for cloud-based solutions. Tracks and monitors data necessary to ensure compliance to negotiated contracts on an ongoing basis and provides ad hoc reporting as required. Provides and presents analyses such as contract terms, dollar spend, process compliance.
- Evaluates new technological developments and evolving business requirements that impact cloud-based strategies.
- Provides technical project leadership and assembles teams as needed for support of cloud-based initiatives (i.e. Database, Infrastructure, Development, Data Security).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a IT related field. In lieu, 4+ years of combined education and related experience (in addition to the below) may be considered.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert and/or Certified Cloud Technology Professional certification a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in system design, implementation, and scalability for enterprise systems and web infrastructure. Experience in Microsoft development stack required, including strong SQL Server experience.
- 3+ years of experience in defining solution architecture for cloud-based systems, including experience with Microsoft Azure. Experience with other cloud solutions a plus (i.e. SAP Hadoop, SAP HANA, AWS)
- Extensive technical and architectural leadership experience in the design and development of distributed object orientated solutions on multiple platforms and integrating with multiple systems, 3rd party services, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment of web-based solutions in a cloud-based environment.
- Deep understanding of system development in cloud environments, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and prior experience architecting and migrating existing on premise applications to cloud infrastructure.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for extended periods of time. Occasional travel to offsite offices or customer sites may also be required, depending on assignment.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.! If you experience system-related issues or need assistance with the online application, please call (920) 720-7700.
J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.