Audit Manager, Contract Compliance
- L Cotiviti Auditor AUDIT02349
- Nationwide (Remote)
Audit Operations Management
- Provides day-to-day supervision and direction to assigned Contract Compliance audit team. Ensures operations are running optimally and processes and procedures are being followed. Ensure appropriate staffing levels, and plan and organize workloads and staff assignments according to the needs of the audit. Manages the overall performance, productivity and quality assurance of the assigned audit team. Maximizes opportunities of the audit; optimizes timely audit processes and efficiencies. Involved in formulating all budget related aspects of the audit. Executes and adjusts to budget demands. Drives the profitability of the audit engagement.
- Performs complex operational, financial, and statistical analysis, synthesizes results and communicates results to stakeholders. Analyses to include operations, statistics, financial/ROI, and aging. Synthesize results to identify indicators of poor performance and communicate findings to audit leadership team.
- Co-ownership driver with Director, Audit Operations for leveraging opportunities and maintaining rapport; direct broad level interface with the client. Addresses policy or other issues with a long-term view of the account relationship. Works independently to discern whether an issue needs internal escalation or direct client interface.
- Consistent with good people management practices and company values, providing managerial leadership and directing the selection, supervision, evaluation and development of staff. Set objectives and conduct performance reviews for direct reports and share insights collectively with the management team on overall team performance.
- Work with Human Resources to recommend and implement performance management, progression, and compensation actions as warranted. Resolve employee concerns and other sensitive people issues consistent with Human Resources policies and guidelines.
Staff Training and Development
- Follow established processes for training and career progression to enable revenue growth and auditor and support staff development and engagement. Promote & participate in knowledge sharing activities such as best practices, bench-marking, whitepapers and IT tools enhancement. Ensure that all levels of staff are properly trained on policies, procedures and best practices and that proper training, education and required certifications are maintained as required.
Audit Concepts Development
- Highly involved in the development and review of new and existing concepts. Ensures achievement of desired goals in terms of recoveries, collectability and client acceptance.
- Innate ability to share knowledge and develop audit skills in others. Broadly fosters formal and informal knowledge sharing activities.
- Assigns proportionate workload to team that yields maximum productivity and achievable, profitable results. Evaluates and manages the priority of audit projects in order to satisfy client expectations as well as pursuing the best revenue opportunities.
- Always goes over and above what is expected in seeking and sharing ideas in a positive and productive way. Considered go to person for root cause process improvements. Capitalizes on audit resources to extend current or business capabilities, ensuring that client demands are met in the short and long term.
- Treats customers/clients both internal and external as number one priority, is committed to continuous quality improvement, is courteous and responsive to customer’s needs, meets or exceeds all customer commitments and treats customers honestly. Is careful and mindful of relationships between client and vendor and effectively moves audit work forward without undue strain.
- Direct accountability for overall Quality Control Process within the audit. Demonstrates advanced expertise and comprehension (knowledge) of claim categories, claim types. Holds the Audit team accountable for ensuring submission and execution of quality work, proper use of available proprietary software, reports and IT resources to conduct audits.
- Demonstrates understanding of Cotiviti policies & procedures. Assures confidentiality and security of all data. Demonstrates the skills, knowledge, and ability to ensure that our environment is a safe one, complying with industry standards.
- Maintains strict adherence to organizational values for both Cotiviti and client.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s Degree preferred
Certifications & Licensures
- CFE preferred
- CPA preferred
Skills and Experience
- Prefer 5-7+ years of related experience in an office environment and managing people; ability to successfully manage a team and collaborate with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Advanced computer skills in Excel required; IDEA or ACL preferred
- Experience in accounting, finance, accounts payable, merchandising, buying, or audit preferred.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of retail industries preferred.
- Solid financial acumen and understanding of budget, forecast and workforce planning required.
- At least two (2) years management experience required; people management experience strongly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.