Attorney Editor, Marketing at WealthCounsel
Attorney Editor, Marketing (Contract Position)
Attorney Editor, Marketing
Position type: Contract
Length: 3 – 6 months, approx. 20 hours/week
WealthCounsel is looking for a trusts and estates lawyer and excellent legal writer to create legal content with the goal of helping attorneys practice with confidence and find success. Your job will be to develop substantive legal blog posts, law firm marketing material for trusts and estates attorneys, and assist with the legal review of all marketing pieces. You’ll join an accomplished and supportive team as well as a rapidly-growing company that provides the gold-standard in document drafting solutions and learning resources.
You’re a great fit for this role if:
- You’re an attorney with private practice experience in trusts and estates looking for a new adventure in a law-adjacent role.
- You’re a fast and clear writer.
- You learn quickly and love taking on new substantive legal and practice development topics.
- You’re great at prioritizing and cutting through tasks efficiently. You don’t get fazed by a large quantity of information.
- You’ve always secretly wanted to work outside of a traditional office and leave billable hours behind.
- You have an exceptional work ethic. You hold yourself and your work to an obsessively-high standard but are open to feedback and edits.
- Creating substantive legal marketing content for estate planners
- Reviewing content provided by marketing for legal accuracy
- Serving as a contributing author and editor of substantive legal and practice development content published by WealthCounsel in various forms
- Juris Doctor from ABA-accredited law school; LLM in tax or estate planning preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience practicing trusts and estates–including the preparation of wills and trusts and related estate planning tools; probate, estate, and trust administration; and estate tax planning
- 2-3 years’ experience in a solo firm or as partner/owner/stakeholder in a small firm preferred
- Excellent research, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Experience with practice and business development, as well as running a solo or small firm, a plus.
- Experience with Wealth Docx a plus
- Remote working experience is a plus
- Demonstrable commitment to timeliness in meeting content delivery deadlines
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!