Associate Sourcer at Magoosh
Title: Part-time, Remote Associate Sourcer
Location: Anywhere in the US!
Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to createCon the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it’s really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
About the Job
Magoosh works hard to attract passionate people who are driven by our mission to make education more accessible. Recruiting is a key building block in ensuring we are hiring teammates who are excited and able to help Magoosh grow.
We’re really excited to welcome an Associate Sourcer who thrives in fast-paced environments, is eager to implement DEI talent acquisition strategies and committed to helping people find their perfect roles. You will support our internal recruiting team ramp up hiring in early 2020; you’ll develop outreach strategies, creatively source a diverse pool of prospective candidates, and conduct initial screening calls.
You’ll be an integral part of our recruiting function, ensuring that all of our processes run smoothly and all candidates receive the best candidate experience, regardless of outcome!
This is a part-time, remote position. Pay is $23.50 – $27.50, depending on experience. You must be authorized to work in the U.S and have the ability to work at least a 2 hour overlap during normal 9am – 5pm PST business hours.
- Source potential candidates
- Write outreach emails to potential candidates
- Conduct intro calls to screen candidates for culture add and competency fit
- Share constructive, yet empathetic feedback with candidates
- Own sourcing metrics and report on effective strategies
- Proactively communicate with our internal recruiting team about any questions, challenges, or issues
- Be the voice of the candidate to help us continue to improve our process
- Anything else you want to take on!
You can read about our hiring process here to get a sense of what steps a candidate goes through. Since this role is part-time and remote, we’ll have fewer steps.
You have many of the following
- Clear, fast, and friendly communication skills you are a strong writer
- Excitement about speaking with candidates on the phone
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to be empathetic in challenging situations
- Ability to shift gears quickly and often, prioritizing tasks based on changing company needs
- Experience managing different projects with changing timelines
- Experience working remotely you can work independently while keeping all stakeholders informed at each stage of the process
- Experience owning data-driven metrics; ability to interpret data to inform strategy
- Ability to work at least ~2 hours each day that overlap with our working hours (roughly 9am – 5pm PST)
- Experience with a software system in a work environment (you’ll be using an applicant tracking system at Magoosh; we use Greenhouse)
- Passion for DEI
- 1+ years of sourcing experience
Extra credit if you have
- Experience implementing DEI talent acquisition strategies
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!