Associate Project Manager
Job Locations: US-Remote
Job ID: 2019-1218
Department: Communications – Communications Strategy
Job Status: Active
Type: Part-Time On-Call
As an Associate Project Manager on IQ Solutions’ Digital Communications team you will utilize your background in public health to support major government contracts. In this role, you will provide support to project(s) on the social marketing and communications teams. Your responsibilities will include supporting the development and implementation of market research, media outreach, media materials, consumer-and provider-education products and campaigns and programs as well as providing technical direction to inform evaluative activities for health communication projects and campaign initiatives. The ideal candidate will have over six years of experience managing public health programs and/or program evaluation activities, working closely with clients at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and public health prevention partners.
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
- Assisting with the development and management of work plans and budgets, coordinating across project teams, and monitoring and tracking of project deliverables.
- Conducting qualitative analyses on health communication campaigns and projects.
- Translate data into plain language and clear calls-to-action for public health audiences.
- Develop evaluation plans and logic models for programmatic activities.
- Lead the strategy for social and digital media monitoring activities.
- Developing integrated marketing and communications plans for current and planned activities.
- Consulting the client on marketing and communication strategies to reach targeted audiences with desired messages.
- Evaluating marketing efforts and reporting results to the client.
- Developing and maintaining partnerships that expand our clients’ reach.
- Providing direction and monitoring junior and mid-level staff to ensure that projects and tasks meet internal and client deadlines, revising schedules as needed.
- Preparing budgets for specific tasks and projects and tracking costs to ensure projects remain within budget.
- Developing and reviewing weekly and monthly client reports.
- Refining and maintaining quality control processes for specific projects and tasks and working to enhance quality control processes across projects.
- Negotiating and contracting with outside vendors as needed.
- Developing day-to-day contact with senior-level client representatives, including planning and participating in conference calls and meetings as needed.
- Participating in the development and delivery of new business pitches and proposals.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
- B.S. or B.A. degree in communications, marketing, or a related field, and a minimum of 4 years of experience in all stages of developing and implementing integrated marketing and communications plans for major projects, as well as a minimum of 5 years in a managerial position. M.P.H, M.S., or M.H.S. degree is a preferred.
- A background in public health or health education, Hispanic communications, or interactive communications, as well as experience working on Federal Government or nonprofit projects, is preferred.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent organization, initiative, flexibility, and responsiveness to changing requirements and conditions.
- The successful candidate can work well in a collaborative, team environment, while possessing the ability to work independently.
- Strong project and team management skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team to implement cross-project, integrated marketing strategies is required.
- High-level ability to think creatively, plan strategically, and execute tasks thoroughly is required.