Associate Penetration Tester – Nationwide – Remote
at Schellman & Company, LLC
Breaking into your first penetration testing role can be difficult. We understand that you might have the talent, but just haven’t had the opportunity to transition to a full-time role. We’ve solved this problem by creating our own Associate Pen Test program. This is a rare opportunity to build on your offensive skillset while working with our team, whose unrivaled knowledge and experience will provide guidance and mentorship throughout. What do we ask from you? Unwavering commitment to learn as much as possible during the program and beyond, to become a contributing member of the team, and to always be up for a new challenge.
There is no typical day for our Pen Test team. Our clients rely on us to find a myriad of vulnerabilities across network, application, mobile, cloud, wireless and other assessments. The benefit of being exposed to so many different situations is that you are constantly building your knowledge base and skillset while keeping up with the latest cloud technologies and endpoint protection. Our team is remote yet extremely collaborative and works together to utilize their different backgrounds and experience to solve these problems.
In addition to the hands-on training, Schellman also promotes a continuous learning environment. Team members are encouraged to attend at least one security conference and training event every year to stay on the cutting edge of the industry.
Our ideal background for these roles:
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for Information Security (e.g., GitHub repo, blogs, presentations, conference talks, local security association member, participated in free skill-building/hacking challenges – SANS Holiday Hack, HackerOne CTF, HackTheBox.eu, etc.)
- The single-minded focus of establishing or furthering a career in penetration testing
- At least two years of pen testing, software development, systems administration, or similar experience
- At least two years hands-on technical security experience
- Competency in common operating systems (e.g., Windows, macOS, Linux)
- An understanding of cloud computing models, technologies, and concepts
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial abilities, client focus, industry savvy, and the ability to work independently or as part of a collaborative team
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal characteristics
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles, and work ethic
- Self-driven in a remote working environment
- Degree in computer science or information technology
- Certifications within Information Technology or Information Security