Associate Manager, Social Content and Community at Weight Watchers International
Associate Manager, Social Content & Community
New York, NY
job requisition id
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
Who we are
WW’s North America Brand Marketing & Strategy team is responsible for setting the strategic vision for the brand and bringing it to life across all cultural touch points including social media, influencer marketing, events, experiential activations and more. Our mission is to cement the brand in culture and maintain our relevance amongst key target audiences.
What you will do
The Associate Manager, Social Content & Community will play a key role in the day-to-day creation, execution, and management of our content, calendar and community engagement across WeightWatchers social media channels – including TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube, and more.
On a daily basis you will:
- Work deeply in each social media channel to engage with our community members, learning what they’re looking for from us, and concepting and creating compelling visual and written content from relatable tweets to trending TikToks.
- Build best-in-class social media content & community programming by supporting the Social Media Manager in honing the brand social media vision & go-forward activation strategy
- Own the content calendar creation, creating, posting & planning content across all social media channels, tailored to each channel strategy. Monitor and respond to comments and mine for insights for future creative execution
- Produce, edit and distribute on-brand content (visual, video, text) that is optimized for social platforms, specifically (Instagram, TikTok and Pinterest), based on insights, data and trends, constantly iterating based on learnings
- Engage in cultural trends and moments through active social listening, identifying, pitching and executing quick-turn social opportunities in order to engage in relevant conversation and keep the brand top of mind
- Write and edit all social media post copy, ensuring all content is aligned with the brand voice and ladders up to the strategy
- Elevate member, coaches and influencer stories in a fresh way, collaborating closely with the influencer & advocacy team to develop strong content ideas for partners’ social channels and our owned social channels
- Create BTS content & capture the most compelling stories for social
- Create a repeatable process flow for the development, approval and execution of content with creative and leadership
- Report weekly/monthly on content performance and learnings, serving up key insights
- License, track, and renew all images and videos acquired for social media platforms and other digital use
- Stay abreast of the latest social media, marketing, and tech trends – be obsessively on the pulse of content & culture
- Work with both internal and external creative teams to bring all of the above to life
Who you are
In addition to being a self-starter who is well-versed across all social media platforms you have:
- 4-5+ years of relevant experience in social media content creation & cultural marketing; preferably gained while working for a global, complex organization
- Strong copywriting skills and ability to interpret trends and make them relevant to our brand
- Content creation experience and experience in video editing/shooting/producing for social is a must. Content creation background and expertise in TikTok is necessary.
- Experience managing social media on behalf of a brand in-house or at an agency, deep understanding of social media channel strategy and creative best practices
- Extreme passion for culture & trend hunting. Always on the pulse of what’s happening/next
- Love for the creative & collaborative process; Natural creative thinker
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate program effectiveness; background with social listening/measurement tools a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing or related field preferred
At WW, it is our priority to cultivate a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are committed as individuals, as an organization, and as fellow humans, to advocate for and support our employees, our members, and our communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.