Associate IT Testing Specialist
United States, Remote
United States, Florida, Jacksonville, Deerwood Campus – Bldg 600
The Florida Blue IT team develops and manages next generation solutions, systems and assets that support this mission. Working in a collaborative, creative and fun environment, we offer technology professionals a wide range of opportunities to utilize and further develop their skills while helping people live healthier lives.
- Develop test scenarios and conditions based on pre-established business and technical requirements with oversight/assistance from senior IT Testing Specialist or SME.
- Develop test scripts, test conditions based on test deliverables with oversight/assistance from senior IT Testing Specialist or SME. (20%)
- Execute simple to moderately complex scripts independently.
- Document test results.
- Perform analysis on discrepancies between expected versus actual results.
- Identify test data input based on pre-determined requirements.
- Execute SQL statements.
- Solicit feedback from customer and participate in customer forum sessions.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Related Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience IT related field
- 0-1 year of related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education in business and/or system testing
- Must have a thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with emphasis on testing methodologies
- Good understanding of the business process(s) involved in the system capabilities being tested at the basic level
- Must have strong PC skills and demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office Suite products
- Familiarity with Test management tools
- Must have basic ability to extract data utilizing basic SQL queries
- Strong communication skills oral, written and presentation
- Experience with developing test scripts using user stories
- 3 or more years of progressive work experience in business and/or system testing or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education.
- Exposure to Agile testing methodology
- Job Type: Experienced
- Schedule: Full-time