Associate General Counsel – Healthcare
Job Locations- US-Remote
The Associate General Counsel will resposible for providing legal support for various areas of the business with a strong emphasis on negotiating strategic customer contracts, provider agreements, Business Associate Agreements, and vendor/supplier contracts as well as providing practical legal advice and counseling to internal clients on variety of issues, including, but not limited to, employment/HR issues, litigation management, marketing material reviews, and other general corporate/legal needs.
- Draft and negotiate complex value based contract arrangements
- Draft and negotiate standard contracts including vendor agreements, provider agreements, Business Associate and Security agreements
- Research and advice on applicable Federal and State laws and regulations including anti-kick back, Medicare and Medicaid requirements
- Serve as a legal advisor to business partners in support of business strategy and growth
- Advise on corporate governance issues
- Manage litigation matters including litigation strategy and litigation support including the implementation and maintenance of litigation holds, management of a litigation calendar, researching and preparing discovery responses
- Advise on HR and employment matters
- Manage multiple tasks, be detail oriented, proactive and demonstrate independent thought and critical thinking
- Candidate must be highly professional and comfortable working with customers and other external parties.
Juris Doctorate plus a minimum of 7 years of experience in an in-house corporate law department or top tier law firm. Excellent organizational and analytical skills required. Excellent research skills and experience with Medicare/Medicaid regulations and in conducting multi-state surveys. Experience in managing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex contracts. Candidates must have experience working at, supporting or negotiating for/with Managed Care/Insurance Organizations, Government Products (Medicare/Medicaid) experience, ERISA experience as it pertains to Health Plans, and a solid background in healthcare laws and regulations, to include, but not limited to, HIPAA, Stark, Privacy, Security, Risk Management, Provider Reimbursement, Fraud and Abuse. Risk mitigation experience. Candidate must also be familiar with employment law and be able to provide legal guidance on employment related issues. Healthcare experience required. Managed Care/Health Plan experience is preferred.
The ideal candidate will be one that has a demonstrated track record of being a proactive advisor and partner with the business teams. The individual must be comfortable in a fast paced environment that requires rapid turnaround on an array of high priority needs.
CareCentrix maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with Florida’s Drug Free Workplace Law.