Associate Faculty – Early Childhood Education Leadership
Ashford University is currently looking for faculty members to teach graduate Early Childhood Education Leadership courses. Candidates with a terminal degree, previous online teaching experience and a strong professional background in Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Education Administration, Early Childhood Leadership, Child Development or related fields are preferred.
The Online Associate Faculty position is a part-time, temporary adjunct employment opportunity. The Online Associate Faculty member performs duties relating to online instruction including but not limited to: posting course announcements, facilitating and participating in classroom discussion boards, promptly responding to student inquiries and providing instructive feedback in both written assignments and group discussions. This is an online adjunct teaching position and reports to the Program Chair.
Online Associate Faculty, Early Childhood Education Leadership
Essential Job Duties:
- Posting faculty profile and expectations
- Promptly responding to student inquiries
- Facilitating classroom discussion boards
- Providing timely and effective instructional feedback
- Grading assignments and posting grades in accordance with program deadlines
- Collaborating with other university departments to promote a positive student experience
- Doctorate in Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Education Administration, Early Childhood Leadership, Childhood Development or a related field from a regionally accredited university
- Experience as an early childcare professional/leader (working with children from birth to the 3rd grade level)
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Web 2.0 tools
- Commitment to teaching adult learners in an online environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Dedication to your own ongoing professional growth and development
- Must reside and be eligible to work in the United States
- College-level teaching experience
- Doctorate degree in related field
- Experience teaching in area of degree
- Experience teaching in the online classroom
- Experience teaching in “non-traditional” settings to students.
- Preferred qualifications to serve on a Dissertation Committee:
- Previous experience as Dissertation Faculty at a regionally accredited college or university;
- Dissertation Faculty and/or committee work experience with online student populations;
- Proven record of leading doctoral students to complete the dissertation process
- Doctorate degree in Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Education Administration, Early Childhood Leadership, Child Development, or a related field from a regionally accredited university.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree for Associate, Undergraduate, and Master’s Program Offerings
- Doctorate Degree Required for Doctoral and Dissertation Offerings
If a degree or education credit minimum is required for the position, all education must be conferred by a regionally accredited or approved nationally accredited institution. All candidates must provide proof of higher education (official transcripts) upon request.