Associate Editorial Director at Travel + Leisure
Associate Editorial Director, Travel + Leisure Commerce
job requisition id
Associate Editorial Director, Travel + Leisure Commerce
The Associate Editorial Director of the Travel + Leisure commerce team oversees the editorial strategy of our evergreen commerce library and manages the day-to-day workflow of the team. This role will report to the Commerce Director, Travel Group.
Your day-to-day will look like:
- Manage a team of editors and writers, working with them to identify content ideas, making sure we are adhering to brand voice and style and best practices.
- Manage progress toward monthly and quarterly team goals, including content production, budget, revenue, product testing, and tentpole events.
- Analyze traffic and revenue and make both editorial and data-driven decisions based on your knowledge.
- Prioritize day-to-day needs alongside special projects, and support your team’s goals, while also taking into account organizational priorities and changes.
- Keep pulse on industry trends and competition.
- Participate in regular meetings with editorial, growth, product testing, and more to discuss content improvement ideas and strategies for growth.
- 7+ years of editing experience at a digital-focused publisher
- 3+ years working in the commerce and affiliate industry
- Experience with SEO best practices and tools and how it relates to content
- Background with travel content preferred
- Experience working in Skimlinks, Amazon Associates, and pulling revenue numbers
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Management experience
- Proficiency in project management tools like Excel, Google Sheets, or Airtable
- A track record of growth in your past roles
- Experience scaling copy and editorial operations in a high-growth environment
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
We expect Associate Editorial Directors to apply these competencies to their role:
- Decision Quality: Make good and timely decisions that keep the needs of their vertical moving forward. This may happen in the absence of complete information but one may call upon analysis, experience, and judgment to make these decisions.
- Balance Stakeholders: Anticipate and understand the needs and expectations of your stakeholders by balancing all interests, considering all factors when making decisions, and act fairly despite conflicting demands.
- Business Insight: Keep up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends within the organization, the competition, and the marketplace. Use this knowledge to guide actions.
- Manage Complexity: Make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. Ask the right questions, accurately analyze situations, and acquire data from multiple/diverse sources to solve problems.
- Develops Talent: Develop your team to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals. Prioritize coaching, providing feedback, and giving stretch opportunities. Aligns employee career development goals with the organizational objectives and encourages people to accept developmental moves.
- Collaborate: Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. Balance own interests while being fair to others, partners with others to get work done, and credits others for their contributions/accomplishments.
- Manages Conflict: Handle conflict situations effectively. Step up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities. Facilitate the integration of diverse views, common ground, or acceptable alternatives to settle disputes equitably.
- Action Oriented: Readily take action on new challenges, identify and seize new opportunities. Display a can-do attitude and step up to handle tough issues.
- Resourcefulness: Secure and deploy resources effectively and efficiently. Apply resources to get things done, manage multiple activities, and get the most out of limited resources.
- Optimize Work Processes: Know the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement. Identify and/or create processes that allow managing from a distance, creates efficient workflows, and seeks ways to improve these processes.
- Directs Work: Provide direction, delegation, and remove obstacles to get work done. Monitor progress through dialogue and feedback loops; providing appropriate guidance and direction and intervening as needed to remove obstacles.
- Plan and Align: Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals. Set objectives and break them down into appropriate initiatives and actions. Stages these with the relevant milestones and schedules, while anticipating and adjusting effective contingency plans.
- Ensures Accountability: Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments. Follow through and ensure others do the same. Act with a clear sense of ownership and responsibility, design effective feedback loops and establish clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results.
Part of the Commerce Team spirit means embodying these core competencies:
- Manage Ambiguity: Deal comfortably with change and can decide/act without the total picture. Remains calm and productive while dealing constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Self-Development: Actively seek new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels. Show a personal commitment to continuously improving, accepting stretch opportunities, and making the most of available development resources.
It is the policy of Meredith Operations Corporation (“Dotdash Meredith”, “the Company”) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailing email@example.com.
The Company participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: https://www.e-verify.gov/employees
Salary: $73,100 – $110,000
The pay range above represents the anticipated low and high end of the pay range for this position and may change in the future. Actual pay may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to work location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Dotdash Meredith’s total compensation package for employees. Other compensation may include annual bonuses, and short- and long-term incentives. In addition, Dotdash Meredith provides to employees (and their eligible family members) a variety of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, unlimited paid time off (PTO), adoption or surrogate assistance, donation matching, tuition reimbursement, basic life insurance, basic accidental death & dismemberment, supplemental life insurance, supplemental accident insurance, commuter benefits, short term and long term disability, health savings and flexible spending accounts, family care benefits, a generous 401K savings plan with a company match program, 10-12 paid holidays annually, and generous paid parental leave (birthing and non-birthing parents), all of which may vary depending on the specific nature of your employment with Dotdash Meredith and your work location. We also offer voluntary benefits such as pet insurance, accident, critical and hospital indemnity health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance.