Associate Editor, RV and Camping at Togo Group
Associate Editor, RV & Camping
- Full Time
- Togo Group
- Mid Level
Who is Togo Group:
Togo Group is creating the leading technology platform for road-based travel and outdoor tourism. For consumers, Togo Group brings together products and services that empower travelers to discover, book, and navigate road trips, and to unlock the experience of RV camping.
We are looking for a talented Associate Editor to join the Togo Group team!
The Associate Editor, RV and Camping, manages the creation, publication, and repackaging of blog content, newsletter content, and social media content for all of Togo Group’s RV and camping brands. The role works closely with the managing editor and broader content team to create, develop, and implement editorial strategies that engage new audiences and support the Togo RV and Roadtrippers Plus products.
Where You’re Located:
Candidates for this role will be based in the United States and can work remotely or in our Chicago or Cincinnati offices.
- Commission and edit articles from freelance contributors.
- Manage the intake of articles from freelancers, in coordination with the Content team project manager.
- Build articles for publication in WordPress.
- Source and manage photo and video assets for RV and camping brands.
- Source and edit content for the weekly newsletters.
- Repackage existing RV and camping content for social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn) and newsletter post copy, and coordinate with the marketing team for post scheduling.
- Maintain updated publishing calendar in conjunction with the Editor-in-Chief of Togo Group and Managing Editors.
- Fact-check, top edit, and copy edit content in conjunction with managing editors.
- Assist managing editors with keyword research, SEO audits, and PR requests.
- Write occasional blog posts.
- Assist in photo editing and selection.
- Champion the Togo Group culture, leading by example and delivering through the lens of our Rules of the Road.
What You’ve Done Before:
- BA/BS in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in print, online publishing, and/or content marketing
- Portfolio of published writing in the RV, camping, and/or outdoor recreation content space
- Deep knowledge of the RV lifestyle, including current RV models, technology, and camping culture (Preferred)
- Ability to write in house style and brand voice
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills, including an eye for grammar and spelling
- Experience writing branded social copy for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Ability to collaborate on a daily basis with other teams including product and marketing
- Proficiency with Gutenburg WordPress Editor (Preferred)
Why you should join our pack:
- Flexible Workplace: While our headquarters are in Cincinnati and Chicago, our team lives across the globe. We partner with our team to help them achieve personal and professional alignment, helping our employees to define their own blend of work-life balance.
- Office Perks: Employees that work out of one of our main offices enjoy beverages, snacks, lunches and happy hour benefits.
- Unlimited Vacation & Extensive Holiday Schedule: We believe this is a partnership and we trust our employees to build their own time-off schedule and encourage our teams to take time for their well-being.
- Collaborative & Inclusive Culture: Our employees work in small, self-organized and cross-functional teams that determine the best tactics to support the vision and strategy set by leadership. We encourage and welcome all ideas, taking an agile approach to creating an amazing product.
- Growth Opportunity: Through hands-on learning and development, the opportunities are endless.
- Focus on Well-Being: We pride ourselves on offering numerous benefit options to best fit the needs of our employees and their families, including domestic partners. Benefits include medical (PPO & HDHP-HSA), dental, vision, flexible spending account, commuter benefit, discount programs, life & disability insurance and accident insurance. We also offer a 401k program with company match and paid parental leave.
- Live your Passion: We believe in living our mission and vision, as a member of our team our employees enjoy a lifetime subscription to both Roadtrippers Plus and Togo RV Plus! In addition to our Work-Detoured benefit which encourages and reimburses our team to live our brand by enjoying the outdoors.
The Togo Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and high-performing workplace culture. We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
At this time Togo Group is unable to provide visa sponsorship.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!