Virtual Employment opportunities are open for hire in any state except Alaska, California and Hawaii.
Associate Editor, Practice Development (Virtual, Full-time Position)
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and 401K match and future growth opportunities within the company. We also offer up to $40/month gym membership reimbursement.
WealthCounsel is the premier provider of solutions for estate planners and business lawyers. Our combined offerings of drafting technology, legal education and practice development help attorneys elevate their practices and achieve greater success. We believe in the power of service and the strength of an elite member community that is over 4,000 members strong to make a difference in the lives of our customers and their clients.
We are looking for a trusts and estates attorney to provide innovative, best-in-practice subject matter expertise relating to legal marketing and to run a successful estate planning practice. In this rewarding and dynamic role, you’ll use your passion for estate planning and assisting clients in achieving the best possible outcomes to contribute to the strategy and direction of our Practice Development offering and other estate planning products and services. The successful candidate will be looking for a way to extend his or her legacy beyond his or her own client base to help a generation of estate planning lawyers provide the best possible representation to thousands of clients.
(Virtual, Full-time Position)
The Associate Editor, Practice Development, creates content for the Practice Development subscription, member website, and substantive legal education programs, following Wealth Counsel’s editorial process including strict adherence to project schedules, deadlines, and budgets. The Associate Editor assists in shaping the direction and scope for the Practice Development subscription, and works under the direction of the Editor in Chief.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES for the Associate Editor include the following, with other areas of responsibility assigned as needed:
Will oversee a team of employees and contractors, as well as collaborate with other internal and external stakeholders, to deliver sustainable and profitable products, subscriptions, and benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the fulfillment of legal marketing and practice development related subscriptions offered by WealthCounsel
- Lead team of external content contributors and other stakeholders for fulfillment of subscription benefits, including:
- Establish strategy for stock content creation and lead editorial team for the production, delivery, curation, and maintenance of legal marketing content, including newsletters, blog posts, presentations, and other legal marketing materials
- Establish strategy for and oversee the design and execution of virtual, live in-person, and recorded educational and training programs related to legal marketing, law practice development, and substantive estate planning and tax programs
- General business management responsibilities for items above, including
- Project management
- Business case development
- Competitive analysis
- Ongoing process enhancement
- Review of substantive legal estate planning, business planning, and tax written material
- Presenting substantive legal programming on estate planning, business planning, tax and related practice areas
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Juris Doctor; LLM in taxation or estate planning preferred.
- 5-10 years’ experience practicing Estate Planning
- Experience teaching programs related to legal marketing and other estate planning topics
- An interest in the creative potential of using technology to solve lawyers’ problems and overcome pain points in their practices
- Experience speaking and writing about estate planning is a plus
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary, an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K with matching, home internet reimbursement, and future growth opportunities within the company.
Additionally, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Virtual Employment opportunities are open for hire in any state except Alaska, California, and Hawaii.